Opinion poll about the new update

The update is very nice but there are clear problems:
Sharks went from “WHERE ARE THEY??? I NEED SAILOR STYLE!!!” To “I spent one second in this small pond, and now a tiger shark has torn off my limbs.”

Additionally, shark hunting attachments are WAAAAAAAAY too rare and the fact that they can only be used on one specific point of the ship makes it feel so tedious. Seriously, weapon builds are better off using a musket or flintlock sometimes.

Stamina drain underwater feels a bit punishing, along with the fact that its hard to see underwater most of the time (i heard this will be fixed later on)

And most of all, the whole “Operating a shark hunting attachment makes them circle” just doesnt work sometimes. The shark will either:
A: Actually get close to you as intended
B: Go VERY far away
C: Not even get aggroed so when you dip into the water it tears you apart like a garbage disposal
and also the fact that sharks just fuckin run away sometimes so you have to dive into the water to agro them again

and i cant think of any more complaints right now

5 Likes

balanced and fair gameplay

re add’s bursting aura and going near it with at least 1 point in strength or weapons immediately disintegrates you, shows an animation of being packed into a box, and you are flung to the doorstep of the ravenna castello

dunno how chest loading got screwed up but that’s just a bug, they’ll get fixed like i said so eh

as for lighting, maybe at night but it’s not too dark as to where you can’t make out any of the details imo so it’s generally fine enough

• potions can help with that because i mean, who doesn’t add a night vision potion?

I keep running into urchins because I think they’re chests

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/the-problem-with-diving-points/102192/44
just look at that video lmao

5 Likes

the pulsar gut is pretty good and mage isn’t as much of an issue as it used to be

the shark hunting attachments are cool on paper but like, you get reduced drop rates if you don’t use them which kind of sucks because as a weapon user i found it cool that you could fight sea monsters underwater

i also found it pointless that they are locked to different stat routes and grinding sealed chests just to end up getting the one that doesn’t fit your stat route is annoying

my biggest complaint with the diving points is how annoying it is to manage stamina but apart from that exploring them is cool and the underwater structures are also pretty cool aswell (i cant tell the difference between a diving point and an underwater structure)

the entire bronze sea is literally shark infested waters swear to god i cannot go more than 5 seconds underwater without being jumped by 4 tiger sharks

i like the easter event finding eggs and shit is cool but like the rng ones like the asteroid egg are a pain to find

the stat reset is heavenly thank you vetex :pray:

Honestly it could be one of many things

If anything from this was to be added, then it’d probably be strong blast as a somewhat high req (for hybrids/savants) rare spell so like 90-120. Honestly though would like for the burst attack to be a close range forward explosion.

those are lost spells tho

Diving points either have like 1 normal shark that dies from a single musket shot or 5 tiger sharks, a poison jaws, and my deceased grandpa in a shark cosplay

5 Likes

That is true but it’s also from an archived trello. Although we can absolutely agree that things like transformation and meteor would remain lost spells. Mostly talking about the arguably weaker ones which is basically 2 (1 repurposed to be closer ranged). Although now that I reread Strong Blast if it was to have/be a rare spell it would have to be toned down so yeah that sounds like a lost spell.

Zone and Burst Attack seem simple enough to be turned into rare spells

1 Like

14 Likes

all i can imagine is the hells kitchen sound effect as white eyes slowly comes on screen

holy shit

Zone seems like a “modified explosion” spell if you want to overly simplify it, so it could probably be around 100 or even 200 magic level depending on it’s usage. For example, if it can be used to trigger catalyst status to be applied constantly, then it’s an instant 200 or even higher.

1 Like

Since Pulsar got nerfed everyone’s eager to gank a mage like me, so no more villains and enemies running away just because I have a chance to unleash a Pulsar Spell, yay.

Update is okay, not a lot of new content and endgame is still dry but at least I can jump people without them running away

The entire player base against mages after v1.12:

(There isn’t a single one of these without the “let him get up” voice over)
Anyways, imagine apocalypse bringer with a pulsar spell or enhanced variant