[Opinion/Vent] The Planned TGR Update will fail to draw people into playing the game in the long term. Here is why

Bro you just admitted to venting kinda sus. smh voted.

1 Like

How the fuck can you say PvP is not an objective for vet when he’s literally adding one of the most game changing additions to it in the update that you hail as “Just for lore and environment”. Making abilities not just something you get from leveling up but something you earn by other means is huge, and there’s literally like 30 different ideas for what they can be on the trello.

Mutation was planned in the lore which is what the new magics are (like *plasma,)( the community was asking for something like this for a while now and now we got it, nobody is really complaining except for a few people which there opinions don’t matter at this point

Because that’s not the objective for the game really.

Ik i’m gonna get a flag for this, I can feel it but what happened to cum magic :frcryin:

From my perspective, PVP has been poorly managed, and that in turn reflects upon how much attention Vetex gives towards the topic. Please see the main post to see why I believe it is poorly managed. These “game changing updates” have been skimmed over by Vetex, and he only admits upon how he should have been updating them, but there are no plans to directly add new content within the TGR update within the plan thread that he has posted.

This is the only mention of new content, and it can only be inferred that he would be adding new stuff in regards to PVP.

Heres a gift

Boats are content. Islands are content. A linear story is content. Wdym no content???

It’s pretty unreasonable to think that him saying he should add something means he won’t just because you don’t think he thinks it’s important

wtf howd you find that pic of me

Literally in the post near the bottom in “Other” he says “The addition of the first Lost Spell Scrolls, which are rarely obtained items that allow you to unlock a new spell type for the magic it is assigned to.”

Vetex is adding lost spells in the TGR update, more unique spells that you can assign to any single magic to get that spell type for it.
As the lost spells trello card has been archived, I don’t know what exactly it would bring, but I do know that the ideas that were there were… quite interesting.

Did you not read the TGR details post at all???
That’s all I’ve gotta say about this one.

Looks like both to me.

1: I shall repeat, lost spells.
2: Nah, the map isn’t nearly as gargantuan as you’re trying to make it sound, “oh no I have to travel a couple minutes to get from point A to point B”. Also we don’t even know how big the TGR map will even be.
3: Guilds need infamy. Infamy comes from RKing. Notice that most RKers are guild members who only attack other guilds. See the connection?
4: Lore is a big part of worldbuilding unless you’re lazy about it. What on earth is an adventure RPG without a story?
5: Well yes, can’t disagree with you there… except there is a functioning pvp system, while it isn’t perfect, it is most certainly there and often used.

That might be the case if you’re one of those people who can write multiple full paragraphs purely on PvP instead of literally any other aspect of the game.

5 Likes

there’s a literall update on the trello dedicated to combat
:fr:

killerboss had spoken. Amen :pray: :pray:

Latom :pray:

no one can find this hidden easter egg uwu

Actually not really, I mean bounty hunting would exist

Bounty hunting does not exist, but there is a functioning system for pvp.

But it will exist

Indeed it will.

I believe Vetex will add new abilities including more weapons, etc., so it should have the same variety as AA if not more.