Oppressive intensity builds finally nerfed

For those that missed it, in the most recent patch notes:

Personally, I’m thrilled that the overpowered intensity builds that plagued the last version have finally been toned down. It was simply impossible to have a fair PvP fight without a poison mage applying a slightly longer DoT and winning the fight without me being able to do anything about it.

Every time I was killed by an intensity-maxxing ash mage creating a big cloud that I forgot to stop standing in, I always thought “man I really hope vetex nerfs intensity scaling by 20%”. This was a necessary change and I’m glad to see the balancing team has a keen eye for precision nerfs to builds that reduce diversity.

does intensity need more nerfs
  • yes
  • only a small nerf
  • lets kill destruction gems next
0 voters
5 Likes

all these intensity metamancers acting like it takes skill are gonna cry

9 Likes

facts we’re cooking up an insanely complicated targeted nerf to finally rid these seas of the plague that is intensity

6 Likes

Never let this man cook

1 Like

Vetex should just simply make damage scale on intensity, and then delete intensity.
no more metamancers will every exist.

1 Like

This is the most ironic-sounding unironic title for a post I’ve ever heard

4 Likes

Reverted. Heh

:pensive:
we will never escape the intensity meta
who will save us from 900 HP mages with no power and 2x poison duration

3 Likes

fire, wind, and plasma magic:
Mercy Offers a Hand | Know Your Meme

1 Like

we’re playing rock paper scissors here.

I think the balancing team should expand their horizons to focus on other horrible and very meta breaking issues like swimspeed gems that are causing chaos for the community.

swimspeed gems are perfectly balanced.
ships are overrated.

if I can’t outswim a max speed brig at ramming speed with a brisk light magic ram then what’s the point?

I think the arcane odyssey balancing community should consider deleting boats from AO

(they’re slightly unbalanced because you can use them to get across water which is too OP)

5 Likes

Facts, I haven’t played the game in months but an intensity mage came out of my computer and killed me irl and I couldn’t do anything because the cloud was too cool to step out of

6 Likes

Just today I died to a poison mage that only used surge to kill me. there were so much fluff particles from poison I couldn’t even see where he was or even my own player model and I did not have a revealing potion on hand. I called him out on it from messages and he called me a drawback abuser ( I had 0 drawback)

Oppressive my ass. Intensity was already useless, waiting for the rework.

1 Like

smh can’t believe the intensity metamancers are still posting here

nowhere is safe from 400 intensity acid puddles that do slightly more damage than normal acid puddles

Watch your back, and your bedroom closet.

Destruction gems need a nerf.
What am I supposed to do about my enemies creating slightly larger holes in the ground that I keep not getting out of, its restricting my movement so much that I can’t fight back.

Bro thinks he’s Randall Boggs :skull: