[OUTDATED] Full World of Magic Economical Guide

Hi there! I’m new to the forums, so I figured the first thing I ought to do is post some of my findings about the game to assist whoever else may be interested.
After spending some time with the Central Magius Merchant Guild and gaining some experience with trading and bartering myself, I have composed this.

I present to you:
The Max Level Market

This is a document created by me to assist players unfamiliar with the economy by giving tips, information, and statistics about popular items in the WoM trading community.
I hope this helps those of you who may be having trouble, and if you have feedback, I recommend you contact me through my Discord, as that is where I will be active most of my time.

Change Log:
v1.1: Changed some values for the low-demand enchantments, added a new potential cost modifier in the relevant category

(I’m new to the forums, so if I’ve done something wrongly or poorly please let me know and I will attempt to remedy this ASAP.)

IMPORTANT EDIT: This post is severely outdated, please do not consult it any longer. I am quite out of touch with the current market, and due to my inability to acquire new items of value, I have been unable to estimate any new prices as well. This combined with my relative inactivity with the game has rendered this project essentially useless. I may eventually make a more updated version in the future, but for now, please consider this a relic of the past.

24 Likes

Already I see the color of the page and thumbs up from me

3 Likes

really dont prefer to trade in game rn cause id like having my name in my items. would hopefully be able to trade when cap is bigger and better items so i can spread the name.

you got a point there :fr:
time to be a no-lifer once the fishing update comes out

One of my major points I list in the guide is that you can work around the cap by using smoke arrows as a substitute currency, even if you don’t use them in battle.
Since one smoke arrow translates to one crown when sold to NPCs, this is effective when trading items or values that outweigh the cap.
Sorry to hear that you don’t like having your name listed on your items, though. Not much anyone can do about that when it comes to trading.
Regardless, have a nice day and enjoy the game! I hope I was able to help you in some small way, but if not, that’s alright.
Fare thee well.

1 Like

Also, quick question for anyone else that may come across this: would it be fine to post this in the “Trading” category as it is information pertaining to such, or is that limited only to actual trading and bartering?

Looks like a another pretty decent first post from a member of the forum. Thanks for trying to help out the community. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m still relatively inexperienced compared to a large part of the community, but I spent a lot of time on this and I want to do as much as I can to help everyone understand more about the game. I have another upcoming project for recording the RNG rates of chest drops, and I’m hoping that that will help as much as this post does.

Pretty cool. I see CMMA is doing a nice job at leading people who provide users with actual useful information, I’m looking forward on checking out your next project. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice work! Quality stuff right here, as always.

cmma > all, gj on this !

this an actually amazing, high quality, and accurate document right there. you have my applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many thanks for the reassurance! The topic I was most scared of handling was the actual prices of many of these items, as I often traded item for item without knowing their numerical worth. I’m glad to know that my approximations were correct.

I’m not sure who you’ve found that’s trying to build a destruction set or is paying 400 crowns for bursting enchantments, but you might be interested in the numbers behind each stat:

If you’re actually finding people who’re paying a premium for bursting wizard robes, I can’t argue with that, but I suspect once people learn how enchants work, they’ll start to prefer an unenchanted item to one with a bad enchant. They certainly wouldn’t pay 150 to 400 more for a junk enchant.

Or you can be a real pro and gamble all your money away to the alchemist :sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you going to update the document sometime? Most of the info is outdated

If it is updated, it should be moved to #guides:game-guides.

Also, someone will probably come around and send damn you to brazil.

i mean it’s gonna get destroyed in a couple months by TGR but

yo bro destruction is gone
in the max market

wait, who moved this moved to #guides:game-guides
it literally hasn’t even been updated for the fishing update