[OUTDATED] Guide To Survive Infamy Ganking

After getting ganked plenty of times, I’ve found strategies to help you survive in the WoM War ages.

They’re not full-proof, but hopefully they can help you avoid a fight.

First, you have to KNOW your enemies and what you’re dealing with. Infamy gankers typically:

• Use an oathkeeper and spam raging storm if you’re out of range
  • Travel in groups
  • Will chase you to the ends of the earth
  • See you as infamy and not a person, your pleas will not work on them

Now for the strategies:

Secret Joestar technique

This strat requires agility. Recommended 100+

Now with 100 agility, it is assumed that you are squishy. But your goal isn’t to fight back. Use the secret joestar technique and run away! That much agility is a noticeable difference from someone with 0 agility and only invests in power and defense.

Thanks to the combat changes, you are only considered in combat if you take damage and not deal damage, so once you lose your pursuers and the combat tag wears off, LOG OFF. You won’t lose crowns and they won’t gain infamy, you would’ve effectively wasted their time.

No use in trying to talk back to your pursuers, they will not listen to you.

Stronger together

Travel in a team of 3 or higher. Numbers do matter in this game.

I don’t have a team or a dedicated grind group, but for those who do, play with them! You will be able to fend off gankers much easier and some people won’t gank you at all knowing you have people to back you up.

Whispers of the forest

Abuse the trees in whispering forest to hide. Agility is required 100+

Now this is a double edged sword, gankers like to hide in trees too and ambush you along the path. It is advised that you don’t touch the forest At All. The grassland is surprisingly safer.

If you are being chased: Lose you pursuers in the forest to where they can’t see what you’re doing and climb up a tree. Wait for combat tag to go away. Log off.

If they suprise attack you from the trees: Idk man It’s usually GG when this happens. But if you have enough agility and use your high jumps well, you may make it out alive. Or just log off immediately when you notice them.

To defeat the guild you must BECOME the guild

It is advised that you are decent at pvp and have a meta set because this will make you a target, buuut…*

Since you are a guild leader and people lose 5 infamy when losing to a guild leader, this will deter people from ganking you if you are good at pvp. (When I first saw this picture I laughed for a good 5 min lmao)

Things/Places/Practices to avoid (WIP)
  • Avoid the Summerhold: It’s a warzone and people treat it like it’s their base. Good reps are immune to threats and can’t agro king david, so there’s nothing you can do to stop them in there.

• Avoid pleading/talking with your enemies: Like I said, they don’t care. Your rage is funny to them, or YT content if they’re a YTer.

• Bosses: Unless you are farming crowns and know for a fact that you will be alone, generally avoid bosses. There is like an 80% chance that someone will come and “help” you. And by help I mean kill you and then they’ll start fighting the boss by themselves.

• Avoid Random Team invites (courtesy of Bluemin_Sword): Since teams allow you to track other team members, you have no hope of losing them. Why accept a team invite from a random person? Idk. Only team up with people you know to stay safe.

I will update this post with more strategies/tips if I have any.

11 Likes

Also some tips

Don’t trust random team invite
it can be a trap

1 Like

Great technique :nod: 120 something agility helps me with traveling around the map too

1 Like

i think the new cap is like 166, so oh boy oh boy

:poggers2:

Do you know what items to max agility out? I got merc jacket/pants, amulet, hood all nimble. I assume minotaur might be better and get a cape?

Gilded wings are a new agility item :poggerfish: I reccomend getting nimble on those

2 Likes

I like how this is a thing we gotta worry about now… Actually adds some danger to meeting new players. Perhaps wind spamming is a competent Infamy Hunter Repellant? Idk. Nice guide.

Ty! And yeah it’s crazy lol.

Wind spamming is good but I wouldn’t rely on it since clashing exists :C

Shoot didn’t know that. Nice looking item and agility? Epic

Idk if the new wings are better than the old nimble items, but i think for the old ones, all the accessories besides amulet are the same.

What I did was get merc, agility amulet, cape, and hood.

1 Like

You forgot the best strat, massacre them 1 by 1 as they lose more and more infamy and log when all of them are on your kill cooldown(can’t gain infamy from the gankers anymore).

ok thank you time to show everybody this guide so i can predict them better while farming infamy :+1: /s

1 Like

Oh.

Uhh.

This backfired didn’t it?

1 Like

i have a extra tip for ya.
fish in secret.
do it in secret so that you can farm crowns and maybe even get sunkens without getting surprise attacked.

thats hard cause you can hear fishing from like 500m away, ive found like 5 macro fishers this way at castlian shore

bruh.
i didnt know you could hear fishing from like ironport to riverville worth of meters.
well, that tip is thrown out the book then.

Oh its Vietnam all over again