[Part 1] The ABOMINATE at Athens (OC Lore)

Of the great titans atop Mount Olympus, there was one who was cast out. Flung out of the heavens, and into the sea of the material world for the great sins it had committed. It’s name erased and forgotten, it slowly crawled from the sea and anointed a human prophet in it’s name: The ABOMINATE. The prophet was not a great king, nor a uniter of men. The prophet was a warrior. A marauder. One who would rend kingdoms, sunder capitals, and spill the blood of gods.

-Recovered chronicle by the Magical History Society of the War Seas. Estimated Age, WA500.

The ABOMINATE looked upon the sundered city of Athens. It had been two long months since he had seen the once-great city crumble, and yet his horde still celebrates. Bonfires, drinking, and war-songs emanate through their vast camp. Though the prophet does not partake.

Instead, he walks. He walks and walks, before reaching a pile of corpses easily mistakable for a mountain. The towering mass of rotting bodies had been taken from the streets where they were slaughtered. Their cities razed into dust and their corpses dragged here into a gigantic pile, as a testament to his dominion.

He proceeds to climb the steep hill. His muscles start to ache when he reaches the height of 50 men. By the height of 100, they start to scream. Blood starts flowing from every crevice every time he pulls upwards by 150. Still, he climbs. By the time he reaches the summit, he is absolutely drenched in the blood, sweat and tears of both himself and the hundreds of thousands slaughtered in his name. He catches his breath.

Here, the prophet rests. He sets his blade of black steel, sheds his trodden caped armour, and gazes upon the entirety of the city. The sounds of cheer are now all but a faint whisper and a gentle breeze flows by. He ponders, “What am I to feel, in this moment?” Should he feel triumphant, due to his great victory? The mass of bodies beneath him was certainly a testament to that.

But privately- He feels nothing. At first, he had felt a deep lust for chaos and bloodshed, gifted to him by his God. He had felt the same when sundering the great city of Athens. But now, sitting atop the weight of oh so many sins beneath him, he feels nothing.

Still, he pulls his blade from the corpse-mountain and refits his armour in preparation for his descent. He looks to his God, but it does not give him an answer.

He says a quick prayer, and descends.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER INFO

Name: The ABOMINATE
Combat Style: He wields a big black sword. (He’s in the War Ages, before magic)
Ability: Wields the power of a nameless God as its chosen prophet.
Power level: Absurdly Powerful
Dead/Alive: Unknown.

Lore: A man who lived in the War Ages that became the chosen prophet of a nameless God. Given it’s immense power, (not quite magic) he is made to do it’s bidding. Travelling across the Arcane world, spreading chaos, wiping out kingdoms, killing Gods, and fulfilling his God’s bloodlust. However, his interests may not completely align with those of his Gods…

Format: The ABOMINATE, Prophet of the Nameless God’s lore will be told through old, recovered tales of his great feats such as this. It is set in the Arcane Universe, but I do not intend adhere to the set canon.

wow, it seems like we found the William Shakespeare descendant :clap:

1 Like

I wonder what they named their cat!
(mb I thought lovecraft :skull: )

1 Like

what would happen if I threw a honeybun about as hot as a blue giant star at him

1 Like