Permanent Defeat screen on lava

What were you doing before bug occurred: Walking around the platforms on lava

Steps to reproduce: From what I’ve seen you have to unequip and reequip any item on top of a platform(over lava). This causes a glitch that puts you into a permanent death screen.

F9 Logs ( press f9 to view them in-game): Their wasn’t anything on the logs

Resetting does seem to break the permanent death screen though

When you unequip and equip an item, what the game is essentially doing is running code to fit the item on the character. Then it checks its a stat or vanity equip. If it’s a vanity equip it lets it show as an outward appearance if the vanity eye icon is toggled, same with stat equip but vanity’s more customizable. Edit: This essentially rearranges the player’s hitbox too, which probably further explains why we die like that. :woman_shrugging:

It’s been a bug that everyone takes caution of. As long as you’re on grey rock, or any road in Charon Ruins. You’ll be fine. Just avoid the black obsidian that lines the outer corners of the lava.

But I’m not a coding expert, I just make logical claims so don’t quote me on that.

I don’t think you’re actually addressing what the bug is referring to
it isn’t saying just death, its saying something about a “permanent defeat screen”

the death part is just a result of the hitbox hitting the lava,
but I’m pretty sure hes referring to something different

I’d suppose there’s a run-on code error preventing the screen to change back. That’s the only explanation I could give. Possibly a server only problem, it could be out dated.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.