Petition to Repeal the Data Wipe

it sort of is completely relevant because they are the exact and main reason to be in the situation where you have your items wiped

True, but it hasn’t been publicly stated why the items were wiped. We can’t be making assumptions based on here-say.

For all we know, it could be caused by a complete accident on Vetex’s part.

this is perhaps the only actually good argument in this entire thread.

i get that this is pretty hyper specific to me ftmp but idk about you but looking through 6+ files to find a specific item you know you have but not remember where it’s located can be rather annoying

hence the bring the important/all excess items under 1 maxed out file/build solution. ik where my stuff is immediately and can easily do item transfers

1 Like

Why does vetex hate his playerbase

SUNKENS ARE BROKEN
MY HEADLESS BEEN STOLEN
I’VE LOST IT ALL TO FUCKING EEEGGGGGGS

I MIGHT KNOW THE SEASON
BUT NOT A GOOD REASON
WHY VETEX HAS GUTTED MY TRAAADDDEEES

MY DESOLATE SAVES (SAVES)
MY ITEMS AS GRAVES (GRAVES)
IT’S NOT EVEN THE EVENTS THAT I FEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL

IT’S CHEATERS I SPITE
AS THE UPDATES START PLIGHT
THE ONLY THING I KNOW FOR REAL

THERE WILL BE NOOOOO
SAAAAVVVEEESSS
THERE ARE ONLY WIPES TO OUR NAMES
THE ONLY CHOICE
LEFT,
IS TO GRIND A BUNCH OF SHITTY QUESTS

BECAUSE THE SUNKENS DON’T GIVE BACK WHAT THEY TAKE
OH NO THERE WILL BE NO,
SAVES,
IT’S THE ONLY THING I’VE EVER KNOWN!

14 Likes

“This specific thing is not useful to me therefore it’s justified that other people lost items they obtained legitimately”

man you need to shush respectfully :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I understand the exploit but because the food was easily farmed it had to go too :skull:

Bumping this thread again, I really do feel like Vetex should have communicated what is realistically a massive purge better. Only issue I got is maybe the economy being funky, but like, so what, a lot better than not saying much outside of a patch.

Feels like he went back to his AA self for a quick min. Casually deleting inventories again.

But why would he not tell anyone tho? Did it not cross his mind that this would affect just as many honest people than cheaters?

No matter what Vetex did in this situation, the outcome wouldn’t have been good, I wont condemn or commend his actions but there definitely should at least be some form of compensation for the wiped data.

Vetex had to choose between having the economy basically crash, or make a lot of people angry, it’s not right to completely blame him for doing what he can to try help his game.

However i don’t understand why he gave no compensation for the removals, he could’ve given one of those token things he gave as compensation for WOM boss drops(e.g boss drops give 1 per piece, enchanted boss drops give 2, something like this)
which then tokens could be spent on some cosmetic shop or smth that could be untradeable so exploiters dont really have anything to profit off of.

Of course, Vetex could’ve warned the community about this, however this wouldn’t have worked as lots of exploiters would have just transfered duped items to higher level accs.

TL;DR: Vetex did what he needed to do, but he could’ve done it better

1 Like

if he announced it cheaters would just transfer items to higher level accounts, there was no way for him to fix this, perhaps he could’ve done a rollback or something on those accounts

Yes that’s true but they level faster than every player by flying around the map, kill aura and more. They should already have multiple alts from being an exploiter. They can always exploit the items again. This only harms real players that spent time playing the game

Mmmm, on the edge on this one. Yeah it is kind of dumb that people lost sunkens and boss drops and whatnot, at the end of the day most likely nothing can be done about that. I’d guess the point is to get rid of exploiters holding onto items they exploited/ BM’d/ Duped for, so announcing it would make it futile in the first place since people would just, well, switch :person_shrugging: . Personally I wasn’t affected by it but i can see how it could be more than devastating for some people (except Gem/ Rock Salt wipe, that 100% needed to come)

me on my way to not join the game until this gets repealed

it’s not possible, unless you have evidence of the items you had before then I don’t think you can do it

Honestly, I don’t think he should have deleted the food. I mean, it just doesn’t make any sense, WHY? “exploited food” food isn’t hard to obtain

1 Like

I argue that’s exactly why wiping it wasn’t that bad, because it’s easier to get them back

farinough

Sky pumpkins weren’t removed because of exploit farming they were just ridiculously easy to farm for an extremely powerful food item, gems on the other hand…