Piano Sheet Music I Made

Probably don’t do it at the full speed at first, lol.

Ooooh this is actually really cool, i like the A form a lot. Would you mind if i provided some criticism regarding the writing and stuff?

1 Like

Sure, this is the first time i’ve written sheet music.

this is a lot of criticism huh

Makes sense, a lot to go around on this piece lol

Dang my man’s writing a thesis

i think you just wanted to screw over bell village again :fr:

Fang originates in bell village/has a connection to it and this is his theme, so I did it on purpose

damn

That’s actually not bad for first time. I’ll try to keep the explanation simple so that I don’t become a whole ass roadblock for the page.
I’ve been playing the piano for 8 years and writing for 3 (can’t improvise for shit unfortunately) so the beginning of this piece didn’t seem much like a challenge to me. Here’s da list

-I dunno if noteflight has it but I assume you’re supposed to hold the pedal for the first 4 measures lol

-Starting from measure 13, the left hand gets really challenging and difficult to play, the thing is the cluster notes in the right hand with the 16th notes left hand make the phrasing really incoherent, per say. It’s hard to get a grasp on your left hand because it doesn’t sing well with the right hand, if that makes sense.

(unrelated but the bell part is really pretty, nice writing)

-measure 66-67 there’s no transition to the staccatos, so it feels like the staccato ending is out of place. This could be fixed by either adding more notes to the staccato ending (like you did with the chords) or by changing it from 1 quarter note across 4 measures to 4 notes in one measure so that the speed lines up with the phrase it just came from.

-Again with 75, the right hand 16th notes are arranged in a really funky way which is cool, but when you go at 16th notes with 200 bpm they sound jumbled and rushed.
In your defense, it’s really hard to write good 16th note passages at 200bpm, but if you’d like inspiration you should check out FilmMusicAnalysis on youtube and watch their analysis on Hedwigs Theme. Take it with a grain of salt because John Williams is a master at arranging for an orchestra, and his stuff looks literally almost impossible to play but he makes it work.

(that chord falling progression in 84 is sick, I might steal that for later)

-Measure 85 is not possible lmfao. For most pianists, 8th note double stops at 120 bpm is already difficult. You either gotta slow it down, or remove the double notes because there is no way in hell Lizst could play that
-Other things in general: There are parts of the piece that feel a little empty and lonely, I think they could be fixed by adding maybe chord or two here and there. Not too many though lol. Also the Scythe>Bell>Scythe thing sounds a little weird for this piece. I suggest maybe making the bell part the same key signature as scythe.

Overall, I think you did really good for a first writing. A lot of these were more nitpicking and stuff, but like. 3 Whole pages of writing, and that’s not easy either. I hope you continue to write stuff, I think you’d be really good at it with practice. Fly high dude B)

I’ve been for 6/7/8 years, I think.

Nope

Noticed, the piece is supposed to be difficult

Will see if I can do something about that

This is the main theme and climax of the piece, the tune I had in my head while writing this I made up

Death to hands

What I was going for

Supposed to sound weird, it ties in with Fang’s depressing backstory.

I could put the tune in yes, but would have to edit both the public copy and the personal copy (Two different pieces, one has my real name on it)

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is the only piano and church bell duet piece in the world

Also, if it’s too difficult, you’re allowed to turn down the speed

bell village is already screwed over

What happened to bell village

Say nothing horrible happened to my boi, i’m begging of you

Sweats profusely

im sorry i came from there too

:frcryin:

but yeah it gets raided and pillaged practically daily ;_;

Ok, good.

Hold up

oop we have a situation here

1 Like

The sheet music represents Fang, which was born in bell village and has a deep connection to it

That’s why it appears in his theme.

y e s

that’s cool

1 Like