Plasma Buff

I think we could have plasma have a dot of 50% on top of the speed buff to make it viable and different from fire, being a more dot focused magic

That’s actually something I was thinking, lower base damage but higher DoT and speed. Not sure if it should be 50% or if this is a realistic or even necessary path the magic should follow but this would probably have been how I would’ve designed it.

I really don’t think plasma should depend on dot as much as lowering it’s base damage

By lower I don’t mean it should be dependent on it, just as much so that it allows it to be balanced and allow for some variation, DoT higher than Fire’s to some degree, not sure what, and base damage lower than Fire’s by some degree. It would all depend on how it would play out.

As a Plasma user, Plasma is shit. Especially compared to fire.

Plasma Magic in WoM: :fr:

Plasma Magic irl:

HERE COMES THE SUN

1 Like

Your clears table is slightly off - don’t forget that ink is removed, which removes one of the magics that can clear their status effects.
This table should actually look like:

Magic Clearing Count Cleared By Count Conversions
Plasma 5 2 1
Fire 4 (5) 3 2

While plasma clears an extra status effect, that status effect is frozen. Fire clears every status effect that can create frozen, and frozen is cleared by any spell, which effectively gives fire that clear.
In terms of clears and conversions, the only meaningful difference is that scorched isn’t cleared by wind, and plasma can’t petrify with ash (though there’s no reason to want to, as Plasma/Explosion is better anyway).

In terms of synergies, the only possible builds I can see using plasma instead of fire are Wood/Plasma and Explosion/Plasma. In theory, plasma should be the better setup magic thanks to it’s higher speed and size, but it suffers from having strictly worse synergies compared to fire, so these two combos are the only case where you’re not kneecapping your damage multiplier.

Well, the synergies aren’t strictly worse - you could try Wind/Plasma as a shoddy defensive build, but ironically plasma’s still outclassed by the better option of Wind/Ice. Just can’t catch a break.

The problem now is that even with the buff, plasma is still worse than fire on most situations. I really want plasma to be strong in its own way, not just be called “worse Fire”.

The few changes that would make sense is reverting damage affinity to 0.8x, since the power rework already nerfed the heck of plasma, or make it +50% DoT like what Fluect said, or make the size larger.

In my opinion, plasma was overnerfed. The power rework already nerfed the DoT magics by a lot and I think plasma having the damage affinity reduction made it too much of a nerf.

If plasma’s buff makes it at least usable, I’m considering using it since plasma is one of my favorite looking magics.

One solution could be increasing the duration of Scorched to 10 seconds, and decreasing the duration of Melting or Corroded to 5 seconds (damage multipliers would obviously also be changed).

Currently both Fire/Plasma and Acid/Magma have a bit of an identity crisis going on - they’re very similar magics and their synergies are damn near identical (in the case of Acid/Magma, literally identical).
If one of the two from each “pair” was a short status (ideal for doing damage) and the other was a long status (ideal for setting up synergies), they’d be way more distinct.

Actually false, Paper’s been placed at S tier since July it’s just that most people who didn’t pvp, didn’t care

This is the one I helped with

Plasma through updates

Public Release : Best Magic
Fishing Update : Best Magic
Storyline Update : 4th Best Magic but Weapons ruled
Guild Update/Halloween : C tier magic and now one of the worst

Paper has existed pre-release and people’s pre-release predictions were terrible. Paper was also rated as the worst magic from a survey I put out that now has 1000 votes.

What survey?

Also Open test 3 isn’t that far into pre-release

The test is basically ancient now but we’re talking about a dead age so it doesn’t really matter how old it is for this context.

1 Like

Im still gonna use plasma bc fire is boring

2 Likes

I’d honestly go Plasma over Fire even tho Fire looks more effective and feels much more effective when using it (though I haven’t tried the new Plasma, being near the speed of Shadow certainly means something.)

Plasma just gives off a vibe that Fire cannot produce.

1 Like

based
fire is boring

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.