Pokemon scarlet and violet past & future forms opinions and tier list (Spoilers)

Warning: If you don’t want to be spoiled on the new pokemon from scarlet and violet, don’t read further. If you really dont care about being spoiled about the games then I can’t stop you.

Here’s a tier list for the new past and future pokemon based on how much I like em:

Tier List

Reasonings for placements

Placements

S tier

Miraidon - Honestly I’m a huge sucker for futuristic things such as robots and shit, so Miraidon won me over for the box legendary and is mostly why I’m getting violet.

Iron valiant (gallade + gardevoir) - I really like both gallade and gardevoir, and seeing them become one pokemon with a mixture of their two secondary types to finally get a fairy/fighting type pokemon is really cool.

Iron thorns (tyranitar) - I really like the idea that Tyranitar is godzilla, so seeing them make a futuristic version as though it were mecha godzilla is very epic.

Iron moth (Volcorona future form) - Out of the two Volcorona variants we have I think the future variant looks way better and I really like that they’re giving love to some of the more forgotten or underused pokemon like Volcorona. I also really like that they didn’t just slap on steel type for all the future forms and that they all get different types (such as iron moth getting fire/poison)

Koraidon - While I’m not getting scarlet and not a huge fan of more of the past variants, Koraidon is still incredibly fucking cool and I like how it contrasts with Miraidon with how it looks and acts.

A tier

Iron Bundle (Delibird) - As stated with the future form of Volcorona, I really like that they gave love to some of the most forgettable pokemon like Delibird, but i’m especially hopeful that delibird might be used more now that they have the same stat totals as ultra beasts and interesting abilities that function similarly to beast boost.

Roaring Moon (Salamence) - Honestly really cool that they gave salamence a similar look to ho-oh with the wings and also made it look similar to its mega.

Iron Hands (Hariyama) - Honestly didn’t expect Hariyama of all pokemon to get a new form, especially one that has a new typing that is only shared with another new pokemon in the generation, really interesting that it got electric/fighting. Honestly looks really cool and I hope he gets more usage.

Scream tail (Jigglypuff) - Interesting that they did unevolved pokemon for past forms, especially jigglypuff. I find it pretty cool they did a psychic/fairy pokemon that isn’t some woman, but instead a caveman ball of torture.

Flutter Mane (Misdreavus) - Again same with Jigglypuff its interesting they gave Misdreavus a form that looks like it might strangle someone. I wonder how it gets a past form despite being a ghost.

Great Tusk (Donphan past form) - Somehow I end up liking Donphan’s past form more than its futuristic form. It honestly looks pretty cool and I’m glad donphan got some love by pokemon devs.

B tier

Sandy Shocks (Magneton) - Probably the silliest and goofiest of the past forms, though for some reason it kind of unsettles me for some weird reason. If it weren’t for the fact that I feel like it would stare at me while I slept I’d put it down with past form Volcorona. Overall it’s pretty cool that magneton got a form, but I question the sanity of the designers who made this past form.

Iron Jugulis (Hydreigon) - As much as I like the future forms and hydreigon, I’m kind of disappointed that they didn’t make hydreigon look that much different from its original form. I’m glad I can recognize that it IS hydreigon, but it would’ve been cool if it got some more things. Even more heads would be okay since it makes sense for a hydra and would make it more different from its base form.

Brute Bonnet (Impostor Syndrome Plant) - I really like amoonguss, but it has been ruined for me from constant among us memes simply because the mushroom has the funny impostor game name and mimicks things LIKE AN IMPOSTOR I FUCKING HATE MYSELF. (All in all I like that they gave more things to gen 5 pokemon like amoonguss, but why did it have to be amogus mushroom)

Iron Treads (Donphan future form) - As much as I like future pokemon, the future form of donphan is probably my least favorite. I again like that they gave love to Donphan, but Iron Treads reminds me more of a bug than an elephant wheel. If you took away the top of it and told me it was a new steel type bug pokemon I’d probably believe it. (I know this sounds hypocritical to what I said for Hydreigon but its really odd that they decided it should look more like a bug than an elephant)

C tier

Slither Wing (Volcorona past form) - Considering that the only form of I really dislike is still in mid C tier is pretty nice. That being said, how the hell is this form of volcorona bug/fighting type?

Other things imma say:
I really like the future pokemon a lot, but I will say their shinies aren’t really the best compared to the past shinies, as instead of referencing the shiny colors of the original pokemon they instead become more chromatic. I still like the shinies since they are robots and so instead of becoming different colors they become more simplified as if they just got off of a factory line but damn they could’ve looked better.

Anyway these are just my opinions on em

how is amoongus a plant it’s a fungus
it being grass type doesn’t count

uh i forgor what plants were while writing it lmao