“The Page of Time”
– Little ability idea I had for another thing –
Gain the ability to assign any “Event” in the last five seconds onto a page. You can create up to two more pages of the same event, each representing a parallel universe where the Event occurred, where you can layer these pages over the first one for a repeated effect, very slightly alter the “Event” on any of these pages, or transfer the current timeline onto one of these pages. Every page, including the Initial Page, Branch Pages, Subpages and Sub-branch Pages can also be treated as their own universe with an instance of the Page of Time, having another Initial Page, and then Branch Pages and Subpages from it. This allows the user to create a network of recursive pages, build up slight alterations for larger effects, and layer their own attacks back onto themselves for increased damage. The pages can be destroyed by physical attacks.
you’re nigh-invulnerable to most projectile based attacks with your portals
pretty much any attack that’s reactable, projectile or not. They can literally teleport with a range of 10 meters, and if your attack covers an area larger than that, you’re probably above building level
the only people i think could defeat sock:
- the_one (negation)
- dubiouslittletyp0? (pokemon summon)
- yrni0 (low level reality warping)
- pyronical? (fire manipulation) (teleporting fire might be funky)
- sheep_enjoyer? (hourglass)
Nice argument, small issue
I cast brain aneurysm
sock has the most cancerous gameplay option possible: surrounding oneself with portals
i think it would all depend on how fast, frequently, and how many portals he can summon
i didn’t read thru all the comments so idk if those were already specified
i’m guessing 2 portals at once
(which now i’ll add that limit)
imagine being paired with someone who has flight meaning you have true invincibility (true 360 degree spherical portal)
Care to give an example? Well, at least 3 examples?
You’re not thinking outside the box here.
Break the floor underneath him, unless he’s infinitely falling between 2 portals, he has to be stepping on something.
Also, lack of air, at one point all you need to do is wait for him to have to breathe if he truly encases himself with portals, the longer they spend surrounded, they more they’d have to wait for air to fill through a smaller portal.
thats why i said pyronical could beat sock (burning the floor), but sock would quickly teleport out of the hazard
I’ve come to notice Pyronical affects my chances massively, whether as an ally or enemy. My weapon is a flamethrower (aside from, you know, my body), so I either completely engulf him in flames to fuel him as an ally, or I get burnt by my own flamethrower if I try to use it against him.
i still havent finalized the teams especially after you and randomness joined
also do you want to be paired with a player or npc
Yknow what
Make the teams random, or just remake them in general, all this talk of “oh I would work well with (other person)” makes it seem like it needs it
Also feel free to pair me with literally anyone since I don’t particularly synergize with a power
I could always flinch sock with a fake out and then use some super strong pokemon to strike them down.
assuming a portal has similar logic to some sort of barrier then I could theoretically have iron boulder use mighty cleave to break them and follow up with a STAB thunderbolt from something like xurkitree
You can basically give me free critical hits lol