Potentially A Dark Sea Brig Build

It’s a build mainly going for easy high damage while tanking hits :sob:

Unless you want a zoning build ig then yeah, you can do redwake crew and strong bronze framing then just max lvl legendary speed deckhands

Yeah im switching it to hemp

Everyone is planning for 100%+ stability builds but I’ve said it once before , and Im gonna say it agin. Stability will probably max at 100% which would make your ship immune to all rough waves. So you can replace your redwake warriors with sailors for the ram defense and extra resilience.

and i saw in the trello hes gonna nerf every bronze type cannon, probably for new cannons or to force us to use magic cannons

agree 100%. What’s 106% stability gonna do? heal you?

Huh… actually not a bad idea if they were to heal you. Regenerating ships caused by good stability when at calm waters, because the crew can repair in peace. It really is an idea fit for the dark sea, where you ship will constantly get damaged and thus will require constant repairs at all times.

You’d have better luck using a regular unimbued arcanium ram assuming Vetex hasn’t nerfed those too.
Light or lightning rams are also viable if you’d rather have a bit more ramming speed multiplier (and on top of that the brig has a base +1200 ram damage so that reduced damage isn’t as bad).

Swift if you’re going to go speed then for that +19 speed (16 more than your current sailcloth). That’s enough speed to offset the carronades speed reduction somewhat but I’d still rather use a different cannon

Unless 99% stability is enough for the dark seas for the regions we will be able to explore when it comes out, then yeah you have a point, otherwise I’d rather not even bother with taking 1 damage per tick from the rough seas out there because then the boat damage noises will be effectively simulating water torture

ive heard the base rough waves is about 80%

except repairing stuff costs money, just max it at 100%

Nearly forgot, but in all of this stability discussion the stability that the brig will have with this setup will be 104% meaning removing Redwake warriors will be 99%.
Whether or not it matters will be based on how the later dark seas are, but I’m just clarifying this because someone brought up 106% earlier. The optimal build will eventually just become focusing more on speed anyways (as we get better hulls mainly) unless the rough seas later on in the dark sea begin to require greater than 100% stability to avoid damage.

I guess. I’ll check to see if stability goes above 100% when the brig is released.

A bit late but i have two things to add to this discussion.

Max level legendary deckhands give 1050 hp last time i checked

Arcanium cannons wont be an issue because i am pretty sure it always takes the same amount of magic storage to fire broadsides despite the number of cannons, also arcanium rams increase magic storage by enough that it is hard to run out

All u need is kenton bro :sob:

Yeah but this build is assuming that people want to reach the range near the end since stability requirement increases for each range passed

Formula in this game is whack, an example is my 99% and 100% air capacity difference, 99% gives about 4 minutes or so air capacity but 100% gives infinite water breathing so if that’s the same for stability then 100% nullifies any damage :sunglasses:

yeah. its like boat resilience. 100% is the max and it ignores wind so you always go the same speed.
Additionally for stability if the rough waves are at 85% your boat ignores their damage if it has stability 85 or higher.
so a stability of 99% would ignore all rough wave damage except 100% rough waves.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.