Practicing digital art for my comic

Yeah, I was actually serious about that. Here, I’ll basically just almost completely copy GOOD art and I’ll keep doing that until the copies look more and more similar to each other. And once I reach that point, I will start copying my copies instead of copying actual art.

I’ll do my best to practice when I can. There are a few problems though:

1. I don’t have a stylus(will probably get one soon though)
  2. I don’t have any touchscreen computers that I can use to more easily draw online
  3. I’m… kind of broke. Not like I COULD get a job anyway, since I’m wanted in thirty countries including this one.

So, this drawing was made using a mouse.

Here’s the original:

I plan to mostly copy Murata’s art since it’s probably the most “versatile” art style I can actually copy. He’s got a bunch of slice of life scenes and a whole ton of cool action shots.

They will not be COMPLETE copies, though, at least not “totally”. I will try incorporating the Abyss Sea theme in this drawing. For example, if I were to “copy” a scene where Saitama is fighting the Deep Sea King, I’d do my best to make the Deep Sea King look more like an Atlantean. Also, there would be no Saitama, instead Hercules Zhou(the reason I’m doing this in the first place).

I probably won’t just only draw copies here, though. I’ll mix it up with “reference” and “literally just a copy” in this topic. Since I’m not 100% sure if people actually improve at art by just copying other people.

I don’t plan on giving up. I’ll try to post something every day, or at least once a week.

…I’ll worry about doing the backgrounds later. Should be easier than the characters, right?

1 Like

one punch man.

BRO YOU DREW THAT WITH A MOUSE? That’s better than anything I can draw with a stylus lol

NAH MAN BC I CAN DRAW WITH A MOUSE TOO :fire:

1 Like

This man is based beyond all comprehension

i was feeling motivated today

But uhh… seeing as it took me more than four months to ever update this topic again, I’ll probably need some better motivation if I ever want to get better than this.

So, even though it’s a pretty common event, ask me to draw anything and I’ll do my best to draw it.

dudeman vs big monster guy

reference