Problems with the Arcane Lore

Thanatos is now working 1008 hours a day

1 Like

mf can’t catch a break smh

Theos replaced his Phoenix for Wind what a power move

theos is metamancing
now i understand why he died

I guess it depends on how ghosts work in AA.

Maybe they wander the earth gradually fading away, losing their individuality and sense of self until they assimilate completely into the abundant atmospheric magic energy in the AU.

Maybe the underworld does exist, and some other means by which spirits should find it was put in place after Hermes was unable to fulfill the task. Or maybe someone else who wasn’t killed is doing it.

It might work a lot like this;

in the actual myths, the only way for gods to die was for them to be forgotten, for the domains and things they governed and ruled over to lose significance. The nature god Pan actually did die this way, since when humans stopped worshipping and respecting nature, he lost his significance, and because he lost his significance, he “died.” For mortal souls in the Arcane Universe, it would work similarly, but I imagine it would take much less for them to “die”, as mortals aren’t of great significance. My theory is that they would have to be forgotten by everyone in order to die, since I don’t see many other ways they could die. If it turns out this isn’t actually the case, then it’s pretty likely that the souls of the dead are flooding the world, and this could potentially serve as a great plot for AO, seeing as how it only takes place a month after AA.

The ghosts that were in Tartarus in the myths, were they subject to these rules? I don’t know Greek Mythology at all so I’m not sure, but I’m guessing any myths containing human ghosts probably write mostly about important ghosts so there’s no way to tell as to whether that’s because others have disappeared or because it’s more interesting to talk about interesting people.

Also, what if a god loses and then gains its significance again, maybe over the span of a millennium? Would they die and then be revived?

if the greek gods were revived, i’m pretty sure they’d reincarnate as their roman counterparts

that would be cool

theres a self check out center now.

That seems pretty random though. Why would that happen? What if they have no clear counterpart but simply had parts of their essence borrowed and made into other Roman gods. I’m sure the Greek to Roman god correspondence isn’t exactly 100%.

im just saying it’d be cool .-.

That doesn’t seem to say “it’d be cool if…” or something like that.
It’s phrased as if to say you had a reason for believing that it would actually happen and not as if you just want it to happen.

I would imagine Norse Gods playing a major role in AO due to it being a very popular mythos (and it’s clear Arcane games take more inspiration from pop culture than actual mythos), and the Norse theme of everything.

1 Like

i said “pretty sure” because the greek and roman gods were similar and sometimes even considered the same (by the greeks anyway) but i mainly just think it would be cool.

sorry for not clearly phrasing myself

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.