Prologue: The Awakening that wasn't Meant to be

(First chapter of my AA novel, its called “The Tales of the Ancient Peacekeeper”, enjoy :3)

As the lighting struck the ground of the small measly island, covered in vegetation except its sandy coasts as the rain continued to pour, seemingly feeding the vegetation, plants, and trees well, it was a rather messy night on this day. Another bolt of lightning hits a tree, soon coming with the thunder as the bolt causes it to implode on itself the flames are quickly put out by the pouring rain, as the waves clash against the sandy and rocky coasts. As a large shadow looms over the island, the wreckage of a colossal ship is seen, half of it missing as it gets shaken up by the heavy winds… the dark clouds loom over the island as a special campfire continues to blaze… its golden and blue flames not being affected by the heavy rain, a figure cloaked in a dark heavy cloak that seemingly gives them some sort of coverage from the winds as they looked upon the golden and bluish flames.

The figure’s eyes slowly tread around the island… seemingly having no trouble seeing despite the pouring rain as its eyes land on at least something that seems to be the figure of a person… As they lay washed up on the shore, their clothes completely ragged and nearly destroyed… their slender and wet body, their blackish hair was completely wet with the heavy rain, it was clear that if that person was left unattended and uncared for, they would die, simple as that.

“Pitiful… such a young person left to die… it mourns in my heart the number of lives lost daily, the pure injustice left in this cruel world… while that man still roams… free to corrupt and defy the rules of life… if I can’t save the lives of those dear to me, and my comrades… then I will at least save this one poor soul…” The figure’s words came out gently off his tongue, as he just looked upon the person.

The figure got up, rain sliding off the heavy black cloak as the pouring rain replaced it, the man walked, thudding and squashing his boot as he stepped on the wet grass and place, he walked on, approaching the other person, his boots hit the beach now as he continued to walk before crouching down to the person… the figure extends his hand, showing off the black leather and seemingly golden and orange armor on it, slowly the same golden and bluish flames of the campfire engulf the other person… slowly healing them of their wounds. The figure slowly slipped their hands onto the person’s back… lifting them as he took the person into the cave, as they finally entered the small cave, the loud noise of the pouring rain easily be heard as they finally had a break from the rain… slowly putting the other person down onto the hard and rough floor of the cave, he slowly extended his hand out again… lighting up another one of those special flames as it kept him and the other person warm, the figure reached for the hood of their cloak as they slowly slid it down, revealing his old wrinkled face, their rather dim golden eyes along with their rather short beard colored white along with their short hair. He looked to be around in his 60s, as a strange staff was wrapped in heavy cloth as he kept close to him.

Slowly, the old man looked over the person, finally seeing him more clearly as if it seemed to be a young boy, seemingly a poor soul caught up in the cruelty of this word. The old man thought of his youth… many… many years back then, it was such a simple time without worries, he carried a much heavier burden on his back… and age isn’t being very kind to him now.

Suddenly… the boy slowly started to wake up, his eyes slowly opening as his dim gray pupils were seen, he slowly pushed himself up from the hard rough rock floor of the small cave, rubbing his head as he looked around, his face looking rather emotionless as he sat there… seemingly his mind still fogged up from all of the stuff he went through before landing here, he looked at the old man, he was confused, tired, exhausted… and seemed to have no memory of even his name. This surprised the old man as he thought that the boy either hit his head or had some sort of wipe of his memories. But there is one thing that the old man saw in the boy… that was the essence of the boy’s soul…. It was dark, chained up, and sealed… this was something the old man hadn’t seen in centuries, this boy might be more interesting than the old man thought. After the boy looked around a bit, rubbing his forehead as if trying to bring back those long-gone memories, the old man only really looked at him as he saw how the boy wasn’t in a panic or a worry, mostly just confused. This already told much about the boy’s numb emotions as could be seen by his not reacting to the rough cave floor even if he was barefooted.

The old man chuckled, he kept looking at the confused boy… before slowly patting the space beside him, the boy slowly walked over and sat down, simply looking at the old man before resting his head on the shoulder of the old man, which was covered by the wet large dark cloak. The boy did not mind the wetness slowly creeping its way into his hair, he just wanted more rest as it could be seen he was a very… sleepful person. The Old man simply let the boy rest his head on his wet shoulder, and both of them soon fell asleep, peacefully listening to the heavy rain.

The sun finally pierces the dark clouds and shines its warm rays of light onto the small island, the old man had the boy over his shoulder as he walked out of the small cave and into the wet grassy lands of the island. His heavy boots sloshed around the mudded ground as he walked to the sandy shore, slowly putting out a small little Dinghy boat before pulling it to the shore and placing the boy in it. He hopped into the boat as it splashed around the water before he picked up the rows and started rowing in a specific direction. The rows of the boat clashed against the water as the Old man sped through the waters with ease despite appearing to be an old man.

Soon after a few miles of rowing the boat, the Old man came across a small island that was pretty tall, having multiple sea daggers sticking out of it which were connected by small wooden bridges, small huts were seen on the island as people moved around it, mostly talking and carrying random stuff. The old man pulled up to the shore of the island which was a small sandy beach closed in by the island’s rocky walls, only really having one way to sea. The Old man slowly roared the Dinghy onto the sandy shore, as he took the sleeping boy over his shoulder again and slowly walked up to a seemingly middle-aged man, having a dark beard and low-cut hair, along with a dark skin tone, the man was fishing before the Old man walked up to him. The Man looked upon the Old man, the man was wearing a straw hat along with light brown clothes that hugged his slender body. He looked confused before he saw his face, the man’s mouth dropped agape as he was surprised, but before he could utter any words, the Old man spoke.

“I’m sorry but there is no time for pleasantries for me right now, it must be a surprise to see me here… but I will have to leave anyways, so here, take this boy and mend him back into health, make sure to send a letter to the Cumulus cloud on his health” The old man quickly said, letting the boy slide off his shoulder onto the man’s arms, as the man looked at him a bit dumbfounded

The man simply nodded, dropping his fishing rod onto the ground and grabbing the boy, slowly walking off into a small cave that led up to the lands of the islands. The old man looked at the man carrying the boy up the caves of the island, the Old man chuckled a bit, and with one simple whisk of the wind and a slight flash of a blue and orange flame… the old man just disappeared.

4 Likes

:0l-[