Question About Poison Magic

Far from negligible actually, i’ll explain it in more depth when I get the time.

1 Like

Please do, I want you to elaborate on your perspective on this.

Magic size at this stage doesn’t really matter as much since magic clashing is a rare occurance, and even if you did invest into magic size, I doubt the increase in size would cause a noticable size increase at the stage we’re at right now. I still invested a bit into magic size for my water file but magic power is definitely more useful than magic size at this moment in time

Yeah, I still don’t know :c

Oh I forgot about the post, the difference in overall damage between 76 power and 65 power is 16.5 damage, which matters when talking about DoT but since you want to rely purely on the benefit of impact, you have the wrong power build which is unfair in this comparison. The correct power build you should be referencing is 83 power which is 3 hard enchants and 2 powerful enchants as opposed to you mentioning 4 hard enchants and 1 powerful enchant. Now let’s look at 83 power vs 72 power (-11 power from not wearing the hat) and 29 magic size.

Pros to Power

• 28.25 more overall damage
  • 8.25 more impact damage

Pros to Magic Size replacing hat

• ~18% more size which would put you at around 2.6% higher than sand with a now averagish size

I don’t know how much more to lay it out to you but the improved regen denial is more useful than ~0% increased accuracy. If this was something like Water I might say that there’s a small amount of increased accuracy like 2% but poison is a below average magic size already(1.10).

Alright, I finally agree with you on this.
Sorry for not knowing the builds, I never came across an explanation of them (like what ‘hybrid build’ means, I thought it just meant ‘maximize power + defense’ and not ‘wizard set, power + defense amulets, all Hard enchants’)

I think it’s better to talk about damage with (mathematical) flooring in mind. As in, you don’t actually do 130.5 impact damage with 65 Power in-game, you do 130.
Here’s how Poisoned is applied: 5% of impact damage per second for 20 seconds. The ‘5%’ is floored, which makes Poisoned equivalent to the impact damage floored to a multiple of 20 (as in, damage from 120 to 139 is floored to 120)

• 65 Power = 130 in-game (floored from 130.5) = 120 Poisoned in-game = 250 total
  • 76 Power = 138 in-game (floored from 138.75) = 120 Poisoned in-game = 258 total

For the above two, the difference in both impact and overall damage is 8.

• 72 Power = 135 in-game (floored from 135.75) = 120 Poisoned in-game = 255 total
  • 83 Power = 144 in-game (exactly) = 140 Poisoned in-game = 284 total

For the above two, the difference in impact damage is 9. The difference in overall damage is 29. The 20 damage increase is because 83 Power crossed the 140 threshold, where Poisoned does 7 damage per second instead of 6.

Technically, this means that the overall damage difference between 77 Power and 78 Power is 21. So, getting 78 Power and above is good.

I definitely don’t know why 29 Magic Size increases spells by ‘~18%’.

No, it’s just visually rounded. DoT is the only legitimately rounded thing.

Which is why I used that as an example, I literally updated the AO damage calculator with this
knowledge.

Yes, that’s why Sunken boots or Sunken helmets are substituent to these spots while a magic size amulet doesn’t give defense along with it making it non-substituent.

Magic size is logarithmic and 45 magic size was estimated to be 25% by fluect using bricks decals on houses as units of measurement and 160 to be 50%.
29 magic size being 18% is a generous assumption based on previously given knowledge.

1 Like

Ah well, gotta change the Damage Calculation page of the Wikia again.

I don’t use the calculator, I just use Desmos and use the equations from the Wikia.

Another thing to change in the Wikia. Which post/thread is this from?

Talking with Fluect…

Here’s stuff you can update the wiki with, I got it from Meta’s doc

L = Level, D = Damage, DM = Damage Multiplier, S = Size(In 100s), Ch = Charge, P = Power, I = Interaction Multiplier, A = Amount, AM = Amount Multiplier, St = Style Multiplier, Ty = Type Multiplier, U = Ult Spell Multiplier(0 or 1.2x)
Individual Blast Damage: ((19+L)×DM+(DM*P)×(1+(10-S÷10)×0.03 + U)*Ch×I×AM
Individual Explosion Damage: ((19+L)×DM+(DM×P)×(1+(10-S÷10)×0.04 + U)*Ch×I)×St×Ty×AM
Individual Beam Damage: ((19+L)×DM÷2+(P×.75)×(1+(10-S÷10)×0.03 + U)*Ch×I×AM

Also ult multiplier which you listed as 1.2 with needs verification is 1.2 or 0(It can be either one), I might put the calculator on the wiki

1 Like

These seem like the equations for AO, so the Wikia won’t take those until AO actually comes out (as in, it’s just in WoM mode right now). Thanks for mentioning it, as it will help immensely when the time comes.
I will definitely add the calculator to the Wikia.

Na those are the calculations for WoM rn, ults haven’t been released but nothing else in calculation has changed.

What? Okay, I’m gonna look in the doc to know what “S = Size(In 100s)” means, as Poison with 83 Power with the Meta equations do not reflect what I see in WoM (at least, not yet)

The size thing is to simplify the calculator’s sliders, it means 100%=100 or 90%=90, it’s so the slider in the calculator can function without converting all its values into decimals.
Just use this and compare it to what you see in game
https://embed.calculoid.com/?calcId=81454&apiKey=11cb56aa5f2983254ed78
There were some flaws in bleed stacking calculations earlier today but they should be fixed. Bleed stack of course is gonna get removed in AO anyways though.

So which do I trust? (Poison, individual blast, 83 Power)
Screenshot_24

Edited the formula post, accidently copied the pre nerf values(Pre-Story update, don’t ask how) Try the formula now

The formula works, as it is mathematically the same as the one on the Wikia

Except for this one, I think DM(DM×P) is supposed to be DM+(DM×P), as the former seems inconsistent with the other ones.

Yes, it was, mistyped
Hell just use this, it’s the impact damage formula used on the calc(For blast).
Explosion
Beam

Another error on your wiki page is that fire and plasma use different rounding, it floors to the nearest integer and not nearest 20 like other DoT magics, test it out yourself if you want to confirm.

1 Like

The equations were fine. The Wikia page I’m talking about is this one: Damage Calculation | Roblox World of Magic Wiki | Fandom
(I still like to call fandom.com wikis as ‘Wikias’, as that was their old name.)

I only use Poison : P
Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I’ll edit those pages too.

Ya the formulas were fine, formulas on the calc were just different to better take in inputs for the calc, I didn’t see the page till now.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.