Question for devs/testers thread

Every once in a while, somebody or another has a question for someone who had behind the scenes info (and maybe doesn’t wanna ping vetex on vetcord) so i thought id make one single topic for it.

my question to start off: is savant actually a fun, decent build? or would you say that it’s too weak/not worth it?

Reminds me of the old Tester QnA thread that eventually ended up being closed

I’m not a tester, but I honestly think it’s too early to say. Vetex did say it would be one of the flashier builds though.

im a tester totally :D

savant currently at low levels isnt very viable, as your stats are split off into different ones and you dont have enough damage usually

however after the first awakening all builds become pretty equally viable, including savant and warden. savant gets a bunch of infusement possibilities, and would become pretty much a skill spam/combo build.

2 Likes

I’ll try out savant whenever I can but one of the definite disadvantages is that you won’t be able to use as much skills for weapons, fists, magics, etc. You’ll def be able to make up pretty cool combos though unless there’s some sort of universal cooldown shared with those three

1 Like

@Cryonical is also a savant on his main pretty sure

For now i’m mage, but the moment there’s a possibility of an ice lance i’m going for it :smiling_imp:.

2 Likes

imagine not being a Paladin

Paladin kinda mid until they reveal what vitality does besides giving health

1 Like

true. But sacrifice magic and paladin will be really good.

imo our level is way too low for anything beside pure builds, conjurer and warlock. magic and fighting styles both require too much stats to make combining them worth it at level 90

now, sure, you really dont need all spells and techniques to be decent, but their whole thing is customisation so i want as many options as possible

6 Likes

What about warlord

What is the clash rate for weapons, and if it is applicable fighting styles? Will heavy magics beat weapons out? Will different styles clash differently?

50/50 clash rate (weapons)

not worth currently cause only one fighting style

Ngl I wouldn’t be savant

Same argument could be made for warlock yet waping said warlock

ok actually i fucked up and meant warlord
warlock is the less interesting one since its magic and strength, meanwhile you still have access to up to 3 skills with only 20 points in weapons

…although i could say that a real conjurer is pretty boring too, since you have limited magic customisation and a small magic energy bar

1 Like

i knew it
i was wondering why u said warlock

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.