Question for y'all NRS (NetherRealm Studios) enthusiasts:

Would you be willing to see an NRS-styled fighting game involving all AO named NPCs (MCs not included, only ambiguously mentioned)? Such as the AO Gang (Morden, Iris, Edward, Warren, and Neviro), Mentors (Souvella, Caria, Jern, Dennis, Rill, and Sarlovèze), Bosses, anyone who can fight and kick ass.

I’d personally would wanna see them perform Fatalities on each other, especially since their abilities all have potential for gorey finishing moves (Hell, I have already imagined Lord Elius’s two Fatalities in “Dang, less than 20 people (atm) online. Oh well, anyways, about Mortal Kombat:”), as well as some gruesome Brutalities.

Or would you rather go for the Injustice route? Y’know, without the gore and an increased focus on more theatrical, magical powers over martial arts? With a clash system for some pretty aggressive dialogue (without the incessant reuse of existing dialogue).

What’s an NRS?

I’d personally like a guilty gear styled 2D fighter with all the AO NPCs.

NetherRealm Studios, the ones who now own Mortal Kombat after Midway Games became bankrupt. They made Mortal Kombat 2011 up to Mortal Kombat 11, and are currently developing Mortal Kombat 1 (which takes place in Liu Kang’s New Era).

Ah, in that case I can definitely see Calvus’ and MC’s fatalities.

• Calvus impaling whoever he’s fighting with his trista, then burning them to crisps with his aether magic.
  • MC just stabbing the hecc out of whoever their fighting
  • Morden uses his death curse to erode the opponent’s body parts one by one as they fall into dust.
  • Iris just burns you to death.
  • Edward impales you with his scimitar through your chest before kicking you away and shooting your eyes out with his two flintlocks
  • Warren flies up into the sky with you, then drops you
  • Neviro fails to kill you and it turns into a friendship instead.

As clarified earlier, MC won’t be included since they could have any ability which would be too complicated for a singular fighter. As for the rest of what you just said though:

• Calvus basically giving the opponent a magical sunburn (kinda like Kotal Kahn’s sun abilities but more powerful) until they’re a scorched husk
  • Morden’s Death Curse powers and a drawing from Freddy_Fazguy (About Morden) made me think he’d be the “Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi” of the MK-styled AO fighting game
  • I personally don’t know how Iris can kill the opponent besides burning them into a pile of ashes, she unfortunately feels generic if you ask me
  • Warren, oh damn, what you just described gave me Shazam and/or Noob Saibot vibes (Basically he brings the opponent up into the air and does an Inferno Suplex on the poor bastard and turns their upper half into red mush

As far as those guys, I’m also thinking of Elius, the way he fights and the weapons he use is 100% giving me Raiden and Kabal vibes (Raiden obviously because of Elius’s Lightning magic and Kabal because of his dual scimitars and the ability to quick slice some fools).

Ruby Roger plays like Johnny Cage change my mind

Pirate Johnny Cage.

He’s gonna kick everyone’s asses then uppercut their heads off their shoulders :sunglasses: