Questions about mutations

1. What are god/super/rare mutations?
  2. Is Plant, Steam magics are non-canon?
  3. What are the supermagics?

just like really powerful ones

maybe, they could be canon, we don’t know

In AA, they would’ve been Sun, Nuclear (?), Life, Death, Pressure, and Gravity (?), however the concept of god mutations is scrapped.

Plant magic might still be canon. Steam magic probably is as well, just not in the War Seas. It’s hard to say with all of AA’s mutations since a ton has been retconned or changed.

No such thing as supermagics, you’re thinking of Supercurse users. A Supercurse user is a Curse user who wields multiple Curses in tandem, with the only examples of this being Arthur the Cursebeard (Energy, Tide, Blaze, forgot the fourth), Durza, and the Peacekeeper.

didn’t the peacekeeper use the absorption curse to destroy curses instead of taking them?

god mutations were just a concept in arcane adventures that featured mutations (step-up evolutions of magics, fire or light magic to flare magic for example) unique to only that magic (light magic to aether magic) but since AA died before mutations were a thing, nothing came of it

plant and steam magics- at least in AA/the seven seas- are mutations, i can recall discussing this topic with vetex and tech all the way back in 2020 to remaster an old mutation chart that you can refer to here 7 Seas Mutation Chart [2020], just keep in mind that this was years ago so i’m not sure if vetex’s mind has changed since

as for supermagics this is the first time I’ve ever heard of these so i have no idea as pristine said that could just be a supercurse user who has the power of multiple curses

Ok thanks!

1- Phoenix, equinox, aether lightning, death, promethean flames

2- technicaly, no mutations are cannon, we just assumed some of them and the rest were hints by vetex or tech

3- no idea where You found that therm

i’ve been wondering since i first saw that chart, what’s atomic magic like?

Im actually uncertain if Plant Magic is still canon… didnt Tech say several times that magic cannot create life? Restore it for certain types, but not create. Wood seems to just be… wood, but idk about Plant

1 Like

Probably depends on what level of atômic Magic You mean, if its nuclear fission/fusion it would probably be just explosion 100x

If its atômic manipulation it would be literally invencible as You could just manipulate the atômic structure of a fire ball and stop all Magic energy from flowing through it
Make something be evaporated by making its atoms extremely fast
Hell! You could even stop time itself by making everything around You go to absolute zero and cosplay esdeath

i think it just means you can’t create life in the sense that everything you construct via magic is always just an extension of yourself and can’t actually possess its own consciousness and whatnot

besides, given the presumably basic and straightforward use cases plant magic might see when we get our hands on it, merely simulating life is most likely good enough

I think they had to learn that power from Hades first? I do believe that they kept some, such as them giving the Metal Curse to John Thorne (I don’t remember if this is canon or not anymore, apologies). Not to mention having a few Curses to spare would probably be most safe when you’re the Absorption Curse user and actively looking out for any other spare Curses lying around.

The Peacekeeper got the absorption curse after they dealt with Hades, but they learned how to destroy curses before they killed him.

And yes, John Thorne is not canon anymore since WoM is not canon.

Actually, there’s a good chance he’s still canon, as the very place he ruled over as a warlord exists in AO/War Seas. The ‘Thorne Empire’, mentioned a few times by certain NPCs

I think Steam Magic might still be canon, but that’s only because it appears as the Imbuement option for heat-based Conjurers on the Sunken Sword, or heat-based Warlocks on Sailor Style. It doesn’t have an icon, so it might be a placeholder.

Vetex’s words: “most powerful mutation of a magic”
Wind → Slash
Lightning → Atomic ( as in atomic manipulation, not funny boom boom magic )
Earth → Shatter
Water → Whrillpool ( pretty sure i spelt that incorrectly )
Fire → Sun or Phoenix, pretty sure Sun
Light → Aether or Life, prettt sure Aether
Shadow → Death

the mutation chart i used ( same one that included the god mutations ) listed them, so i think they are, probably just went extinct/become lost magics overtime

as the aboves have said, either you’re prefering to a supercurse aka multiple curses fused into one

or you’re prefering to the concept of mutating a 3rd mind ( which is scrapped btw )
Theos did that in the webcomic before being retconned, mutating his 3rd mind, Phoenix into Arcturus, which was basically Phoenix + Magma. Pretty sure it was said that all mutations of a 3rd mind would be a combination between 2 mutations too ( ofc, this was also scrapped and mutating your 3rd mind is just straight up impossible now )

If you don’t want the correct spelling, ignore the rest of this.

You have been made aware.

The correct spelling is Whirlpool.

isn’t a supermagic the type of magic a god would use? Like Zeus uses lightning supermagic, and thus has great control over all lightning? Or is that something people made up and pass off as canon?

gods didnt have magic in the sense we do, they just have the ability to do x things

the magic we have right now is basically a lesser version of it ( even though its called Agumented Magic lol ), as the OG one ( the one i assume the gods used ) was too taxing on the human’s soul, mind and body

Pretty sure that just got made up and passed around. Like Drayal said, the gods pretty much just had total control over their magics in a way that humans are simply incapable of. Zeus just used normal Lightning, but in a way no mortal would ever be able to reach. However, they were bested by Curses, so I suppose that gives some indication as to where their power stands overall.