Questions about PvP and scrounging up matches

​​​

1 Like

You’re in for a chase. Don’t bounty hunt if you aren’t interested in a roundabout game of hide and seek.

Eh. It’s like a 30% chance nowadays. Takes me a few server hops, but I typically snake Elysium gate openings- so I don’t spend too much time asking for 1v1s. Sometimes I just gank.

Don’t join a RBLX discord server dedicated to PVP and expect a pristine, wholesome community. I’m not trying to be condescending… but I’m just saying. For example, Sea League is basically Arcane Odysseys version of the Ghetto or “The Hood”. This isn’t a joke. I’m dead serious.
PVP skill takes precedence over human decency. You can say the most vile, downright DESPICABLE shit in that server- but as long as you’ve beaten RaptorCaptain in a 1v1 nobody cares. I’ve grown attached to it in a weird way. Like it’s such a hellscape that I can’t help but find it enjoyable. It’s like playing 2b2t(minecraft anarchy server)!

Sea League is probably still the best PVP discord server of them all, though. For one, you can casually talk to any testers or balance team members you want to (there are always a few testers or balance team members present), although everyone is pretty unhinged there. Just saying that you shouldn’t expect a real conversation unless you take it to DMs. Don’t ask any questions in the general chat, you will be met with racial slurs(overexaggeration. but i’ve seen it happen once soo everyones a victim :person_shrugging: )

Also, you get access to Elysium and PVP pings from some of the better PVPers in the AO community. Heck, some of them are even real people!

Here’s my last word of advice before I go. This is very important. Alright?
Babytoad = Babygoat. Be a gentleman and always remember to give thanks to babygoat for being the goat. Don’t forget the 90 degree angle bow, the salute, and the moment of silence for his contributions to Arcane Odyssey: being THE babygoat.

1 Like

depends on the player stats of your target. I could go on an entire rant on how player stats affect real time player interaction but that’ll just be an official topic for the future.
In short, just gank them if you really want to hunt someone. Otherwise, like you said, hunting is a waste of time(especially if you ask for permission).

Pure ganking with no hunting is a whole new can of worms, though. It varies from person to person, people like me just attack with no explanation, others ask randoms if they want to fight. One is more consistent with the other leaving you with less of a guilty conscience and more of a “wow, nobody wants to fight me” feeling.

losing can help you learn, this should be pretty common knowledge- but if you don’t mind not getting a whole lot better at the PVP, just fight people with stats similar to yours. On the other hand, winning also helps you learn as well. Don’t be afraid of high player kill duels, but I would say there’s no point to dueling someone if they’re just killing you over and over and not trying to give you any tips.
Chances are, that person is just farming you for player kills or is looking for an ego boost. But it’s kind of rare. Bottom line is all experience is good experience.

1 Like

I know, I’ve been playing proper fighting games for a while so I’ve an understanding of how to learn and why playing opponents better than you teaches you more than playing those equal/worse than you

Something I’ve done in the past to get fights is get myself ganked by another random by roaming around in the open, then fight them. I’ll stick to asking people beforehand, even if it leaves me with less games as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Fun. I may forego that, then

I hadn’t considered lurking around until someone goes into elysium and accidentally falling into the portal alongside them

I expected about as much

I understand. Going halfway across the map just to die or for the other person to call it off, then going to jail for ten minutes. Hunting seems less and less appealing than just asking for fights by the minute

Get right to it and don’t beat around the bush, sounds like the best way to go about it. I forgot sometimes people could already be at munera and I could ask then and most likely get a positive reply

Noted, I imagine someone’s view of you quickly changes from “asshole ganking me” to “guy who justs wants to duel” if you so much as talk to them instead of jumping them
Hadn’t considered rematches being a thing outside munera since people would respawn right next to you at spawn islands like ravenna and sameria, or if you give them the opportunity to place a camp

Thank you all for your input

my glorious king babygoat3 :flushed: :heart_eyes: :pregnant_man: :crown:

Since you’re EU i recommend joining a good clan with pvpers and just asking to pvp the people in them, I recommend neptune since anyone can get into the pve subclan or White Lotus if you’re confident in your skills, however you can still join either as a visitor and still ask to pvp.

joining a clan is asking for toxicity to the higehst level

Join a clan like white lotus or sanctuary, both are relatively friendly, but sanctuary specifically is probably the least toxic PVP clan I’ve ever seen.

That is not skilled

balancing has fallen

billions must nerf thermo

They can nerf everything other than what I use so sure

i dont care abt bounty hunts because i have nothing but alot of people will get enraged and either put you on KOS, stalk you for the next week or start spamming your msgs
“no” “im doing something” is what youre gonna get if you start asking random people, you need to join a pvp dedicated discord
there are no matchmaking servers in ao