Quintessence

Primordial Magic: Quintessence

There are currently no light-themed primordial magics and only 1 light-themed lost magics. Some players, such as I, who want a fully light-themed profile, currently do not have any options for their second lost/prim slots. That is the reason for this suggestion.

For those that don’t know:

Quintessence, in ancient philosophy, is the element that makes up all celestial bodies (sun, stars, etc.). I am not saying this is what will be in the lore (similar to how inferno is not actually fire from hell in the lore), just that this has been used in ancient philosophy as an element.

My suggestion is that Quintessence is added as Primordial magic. It will be pure white light. It is as fast as light magic. It will have a very large magic size and has the effect of completely blinding whoever it hits for 1 second. This magic will also have heavy destruction. To balance things out, it will do the lowest damage of any Primordial magic (which will still be a decent amount of damage).

In effect, this will be the Primordial magic counterpart of Light and Aether, similar to how Promethean Fire is the Primordial counterpart to Fire and Inferno.

Cool idea, but I think it should be able to use any attack really. Limiting it to just a few moves makes it a pretty boring Primordial.

3 Likes

I agree. I removed that part of the suggestion.

We have enough fire based lost and primordial magics anyways so why not.

This is light based, not fire based.

No I meant we have enough fire based magics already so having something different wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Oh sorry. I misread your comment.

It’s fine but how many fire based magics do we have anyways?

Fire, (arguably plasma), Solar, Flare, Inferno, and Promethean Fire. There is also Darkflame, Aethereal Fire, and Blaze but those are not in AO.

So basically we need more non fire based magics.

1 Like

Light, Aether, Aether Lightning, Aethereal Fire, Sun, Flare, Life, Star, Equinox

1 Like

What are these?

List of Light related magics

Could be wrong but wouldn’t aether lightning be well plasma? Nvm u edited your comment

Regular lightning is plasma irl, Aether Lightning is just extremely explosive and bright lightning.

1 Like

Don’t know what “Star” is. Most of these are only vaguely related to fire. For example, Aether lightning is just brighter lightning. Aethereal Fire is just brighter fire. Solar is a hotter fire. Equinox is the combination of light and shadow. Flare is fire but different somehow. Life isn’t a light magic. The only magics on here that I consider to be “light magics” are Light, Aether, and sort of Equinox.

It’s listed as a mutation of light

AA mutation

By that logic you can call them
Aether Lightning - Flashier Light magic
Sun - Hotter Light Magic
Star - Unknown but listed as a mutation exclusive to light(Fire can turn into Sun like light but only light can turn into Star)
Aethereal Fire - Hotter Light Magic
Flare - Hotter Light Magic

When I say “light magic,” I am referring to a magic that resembles Light in Arcane Odyssey.

Life is a light mutation, but it isn’t really a light magic. Kind of like how Ash is a fire mutation but I don’t consider it to be a fire magic. If you look at these magic descriptions, Aether Lightning is described as “green lightning.” Solar is described as “powerful red and white fire.” I still don’t know what Star or Aethereal Fire look like. Flare isn’t really light either, as “resembling solar flares” doesn’t seem like light.

Ok but even if light magics occur slightly less than fire, Quintessence just sounds like fancier Star.

Honestly might vote just to get this in the game because more options are never harmful but it’s a confusing name

2 Likes

I still don’t know what Star is. It isn’t on the Magic Types card so I don’t really care. There are still a few other light magics, but there are more Fire magics. I’m basically saying that the Light category is not oversaturated. Any argument about Quintessence being a copy of another magic can be applied to Promethean Fire.