Ram size scaling with each ship upgrade

Ram size scaling with each ship upgrade https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/2/c/2c10e89aa3b0fa615db61e778e93f869c4c75d73.png
effort 5.0 3 quality 4.6 5 reasonability 4.8 5

Reason to add/change:

In the clip above, I demonstrated how some rams couldn’t hit a brig from behind. This is due to brigs’ bowsprit having a collider box that, in combination with the elevated captain’s quarter, made it very difficult for the ram to connect with the back/rudder of another brig.

My illustration of the hitbox

This currently only happens in Brig vs. Brig combat (the most popular scenario would be vs. Atlantean brigs) when using small or medium rams.

Should this suggestion go through, it’ll make future small and medium-sized rams a lot more viable. Of course, this would also be an indirect buff to large rams and might make them look a bit comically large, but we’re aiming to fix the smaller rams issue.

Most likely refutals and my answers:

Not immersive
  • “I just saw that easy flaw in your idea that things dont magically get bigger and then shrink its not a magical ram”

That is a real statement btw. First off, it’s an indication of feigning ignorance toward a feature already implemented, simply take a look at Atlantean Tentacles Cloak size on Mutated Atlanteans compared to our character. Secondly, other games also have size scaling features, like the Souls series with giant boss weapons for example. If anything, having a cartoonishly small ram on a man-at-arms is even less immersive.

Just ram them from the side
  • “when ramming try go for the sides and curve, it’ll leave you open for the cannons though so use your own”

The point of ramming the rear is to avoid retaliation :fr:

Use bigger rams

Rams come with different stat allocations. In my case, I want to use smaller rams since they have lower power and more ram defense, so the recoil wouldn’t hurt my brig as much. In short, variety.

Small/medium rams are supposed to have smaller hitbox

Not to the point they can’t hit a ship from behind :frcryin:

1 Like

and i was wondering how my friend’s rams have bigger hitboxes while my light ram barely hits anything

I completely forgot about this issue. But yeah, I’d like to get some actual utility of my ship’s superior speed in combat and it’s ability to get behind the enemy without just being denied.

1 Like

I would rather make the Brig hitbox a bit larger on the back, or make the location of the ram on the Brig a bit further forward. But this solution is also fine.

1 Like

As a man with 2000+ ship kills on these seas… You have no idea how many times ill ram into the back of an atlantean brig (Or fire it with non-dragon carronades) and it just doesnt work…

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Love the idea, this would be cool in the game, but can’t we just make the ram hitbox bigger?

1 Like

It’s a good alternative, yes. Imo however, having a more appropriate size for smaller rams serves visual purpose and the hitbox can just increase along with it

good point, mabye we could improve non-magic ram vfx too, because rn it looks like your ship is just going extra fast…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.