Randomness's Arcane Recap (Jan 2023)

:ice_magic_var2: Randomness’s Arcane Recap (Jan 2023) :ice_magic_var2:

So basically I decided to reformat the whole thing to be a monthly-based archive instead of a yearly-based recap. This means I will be splitting all the information into a few different sections.

• Updates - A quick overview of all the stuff added in the month
  • Patch Notes - A list of all the patch notes that month as well as a note or two on what it includes
  • Pictures - A bunch of public pictures of AO that we have gotten from the testers
  • Videos - All youtube/twitter vids that vetex/testers have released publicly.
  • Patreon Only - A list of all the leaks we have gotten from the patreon this month. No actual patreon leaks.
  • Details from the man himself - Important stuff to do with the game vetex has either said in Patreon chat or publicly. This section is to try and remove misinformation spreading around the community. And also to find funny Twitter moments.

So now I am doing this topic in more abundance, I do have to say that this is not supposed to be a detailed recap of all the events in a specific month, it is supposed to be an archive-type thing.
Reminders for AO used to serve the archive for patch notes and other updates, but since has been used much more as a place to discuss (And spam random messages).
If you want a detailed look into the patch notes and updates, please check out @Cryonical 's fantastic Odyssey Feed.
Without further ado, nonsense and common sense, let me begin the first monthly Randomness’s Arcane Recap!

January Updates

One of the largest months yet, we have a lot to look at and a lot to think about. This month we have gotten Islands, Bottles, Squashed Bugs, Story, Secrets, Features, Trailers, Combat, Changes, and a lot more.

Patch Notes

1.10.53 Shell island and Windrow

1.10.54 Windrow Island
boss
1.10.55 Enemies and Bottles

1.10.56 Bugs and Adjustments

1.10.57 Bugs and Adjustments

1.10.58 Boats, Bottles, Drunken Sailors

1.10.59 Story and FS stuff

1.10.61 Story, Snare, Levels.

1.10.62 Snares and more bottles

1.10.63 Story and Animations

1.10.64 News and Infamy changes.

1.10.65 Some interesting news

1.10.66 Even more interesting news

1.10.67 Map start.

1.10.68 Story.

1.10.69 Ravenna quests
1.10.70 Shapes, Ultimates and tester cruelty

1.10.71 Blast Shapes

1.10.72 Embodiments and shapes

1.10.73 Explosion shapes and fair bosses?

1.10.74 Lvl 120!
1.10.75 End of story? Lvl 125 and some other changes!

1.10.76 Energy changes, death of wardens, prepared to awaken.

1.10.77 Charging Visuals

1.10.78 A lot of things - I think I might go through this in a bit more detail, as there are a lot of changes this patch. Firstly, you can only have 1 type of amulet equipped at a time, this is introduced with a huge buff to legging-type items. Damage scaling has been changed, from what I understand the damage for the combat types your build uses is now calculated using the total number of points in either strength, weapons or magic. Having stats in vitality will slightly decrease the scaling, in exchange for more health and the eventual addition of spirit weapons. We also have all the awakenings for each build that does not use an infusion between the combat styles.

Pictures

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 10.04.59 PM

Videos

Patreon Only

This month, on Patreon:

Pictures of Shell Island
Snow Magic Visuals
Early viewing of the showcase vids.
Magma Magic Visuals
Animation Improvements
The Agora
World Map
Blast Shape options (As follows) -

• Ice Phoenix
  • Fire Arrows
  • Metal Spikeball
  • Lightning Hammer
  • Magma Sword
  • Magma Fist
  • Wind Cube

Some charging effect visuals.

Details from the man himself:

So a few things I have picked up over this last month, the game is almost 100% releasing in feb, vetex wants to get it released soon.
And other than that, here are some interesting screenshots, some are important, others are not:

Screenshot 2023-01-07 122114
Screenshot 2023-01-07 122125
(This has already been added)

Banana

Lmao

(This is unrelated but thanks vetex anyway)

Final Notes

Thanks for reading! I would love to here your opinions on the reformatting to a monthly type thing! I do have a question though, due to the change to a monthly Archive, I thought I could rename the series to Randomness’s Arcane Archive instead, but I don’t know if that is the best fitting name.

Polls

Boring poll

Randomness’s Arcane Recap vs Arcane Archive
  • Keep as Arcane Recap
  • Change to Arcane Archive
0 voters

Monthly Poll

How many files are you planning to have?
  • 0 (Lmao)
  • 12 +
0 voters

So I hope you enjoyed reading, now I better go back to stalking the trello and lurking in the corner.

Credits

Credits

Reminders for AO 3
Reminders for AO (Part 3)
The Trello
Trello
Doc, Soleil and Roball’s channels
https://www.youtube.com/@docthewarbird1844
https://www.youtube.com/@Soleil_Xrd/videos
https://www.youtube.com/@Roball1/videos
The vetcord
Discord
Vetex’s Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/vetex/about
And of course…
Hell

God I hope there aren’t too many mistakes in this.

12 Likes

w recap

1 Like

Good recap!

2 Likes

Its really nice, but you have to touch grass lmao.

1 Like

Really useful resource to help catch people up on development, nice work once again :+1:

1 Like

man I wanna see magma fist so bad :frowning:

actually I wanna see all of these so bad

except ice phoenix I saw it already it’s aight

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.