Rehabilitating Lost Sailors

Rehabilitating Lost Sailors
effort 4.25 4 quality 4.0 4 reasonability 3.5 4

instead of knock down just make it so they don’t attack you unless provoked like you attack them ( optional: or you open chests or take sealed chests near them), otherwise you can talk to them and take them on board like stranded sailor maybe

This is like Minecraft

Me dropping them off at Whitesummit :smiling_imp:

at least you didn’t add a 1* rating for no reason again

upset he forgot the golden apple part

I cannot believe how ableist Arcane Odyssey was before this smh

harvard called for a pizza delivery

sus.

The idea of saving a lost sailor isnt bad but i think its a bit too much especially that u need warding potions.

Also im not so sure that sailors that already work under an atlantian can be saved anymore.

My suggetion would be that Lost Sailors spawn on islands that u can save like castaways. This would use an already intreduced system but with the added challange of needing to make them leave the dark sea alive (Lighting is gonna be a big problem lol).
The Sailor could also give greater rewards the deeper they were in the insanity ranges. (Tho i wouldnt place these past insanity 2 or 3).

This would also show that other people visit the dark sea and show how truly dangerous the dark sea is to people. But that the allure of treasure will keep luring people in.

I like this suggestion, but in it’s current state I feel like it would be boring collecting an entire ship’s worth of lost sailors. Seriously, imagine killing a random ketch and putting 6 or so sailors on your ship, and doing this whenever you find any atlantean ship. It would be boring.

Instead, most sailors (maybe 7/8) should have atlantean parts which makes them unsaveable with the players current power. The rewards of individual sailors would be increased to compensate. Also makes your deck look less silly when you have like 15 lost sailors taking up space for dark sealed chests when you’ve only killed 3 or so ships.

I don’t really like the proposed rewards. There should be less renown and fish stuff (it’s funny for castaways but doesn’t make sense for lost sailors + the fish aren’t actually that useful) and more rare dark sea reagents or items. For example, maybe you could get an atlantean starfish or fin, sort of like if a part of their body fell off from the warding.

Also, there should be a way to get a lost sailor/atlantean crew from this method. I don’t know how, maybe you would have to find a rare thing in the far reaches (like a special ship with a saveable but highly corrupted captain), but I think it would be cool if you could turn your saved sailors into a crew for your own ship. The crew should scale well into the games progression (kinda like sunkens or atlantean weapons), and preferably have a unique effect.

Overall, a good and unique suggestion. I like it.

1 Like

Why not just add castaways to the darksea; u can find me on islands rarely, have the same mechanics as normal castaways, might appear to be mutating but their not too far gone yet, no potions needed or anything, just drop em off for better rewards and (potentially) a new Agora headline

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.