(Remake Post) What Outfit Sets Should I Add for the Bounties?

I honestly really like AO’s outfit sets, though honestly, I feel like there could be plenty more. Leave suggestions down below, and you’re free to suggest items that are not in AO or WoM, just try to keep outfits in the realm of realism for WoM. If you’re suggesting a new accessory or armor set, just describe it so I can look for a good fit, or just provide the catalog link.

In addition, try not to overlap too much with existing sets, if possible. I want each outfit to look fairly distinct.

And if you want, separate the outfit between an initial appearance when the NPC first spawns at a low level, and the final appearance, which is at a higher level. Remember, accessories for NPCs are randomly selected from a pool at a given level.

By the way, I’ve already added all the existing outfit styles to the remake.

@Firevein I’m alerting you cause you made the recent AO styles

Musketeer
They get their musketeer hat as early as possible
Starting with leather armor, they can also use warrior coats or steel armor at later levels, though heavier armors like titanium or iron are off limits

Blind
Probably slightly rarer. They always wear a blindfold. They start with merchant coats or fancy suit at lower levels that later can become warrior coats, samurai robes. Also the wanderer vest is possible tho I don’t know what level range it is. They can also wear different capes outside of the captain capes

Traveler
Wanderer vest when they are in its level range. They can wear wide brimmed hats that aren’t the cowboy hat. They have whatever backpack is in their level range. Unsure of the catalog ID, but if you can add Jern Redsides (thermo mentor)'s headwear that’d also work.

Bling (I had no clue what to call this)
They wear a fancy suit or sailor jacket at lower levels. I have no clue what higher levels would wear. Their gimmick is that they will always have the highest level amulet they can, and will have bracelets and armbands. Since Carina isn’t in WoM, you can add her bracelets as a higher level accessory for them. Since Elius isn’t in WoM, you can add his collared cape since that’s badass and drippy

Bandit
Initially a bandana and maybe leather armor. They can also have a headband. Later they get the villainous mask and maybe even the fear mask. The wind row wolves armor can be used for their higher levels. Elius isn’t in WoM so his shroud will go fine here. Also Carina faulds would work

Royalty
Ravenna ain’t in Magius we can go ham on all of their stuff. At lowest levels they can wear either merchant coats or the fancy suit (I must’ve mentioned this suit too many times by now) but at higher levels they develop Ravenna noble armor and then at even higher levels will develop the king armor. Maybe put something between the noble and king armor. Their defining item is a colored crown. King Silver’s crown might be used as a lower level version and then the Ravenna one for higher levels since it’s bigger

Monk
Wanderer coat, maybe the fighter one, maybe just a shirt at first if both of these are out of level range. They wear headbands, head bandages, and at even higher levels the Cernyx sleeveless robes. If possible check this out

Idk Roblox ugc laws.

Potionmaker
Nothing, then wizard robes, then sorcerer. They always have glasses. They get a hat like the basic wom ones, then get the Potionmaker Hat at higher levels,

Lower levels will get the Potion Belt

And the higher levels will get the Potion Sash

1 Like

Gunpowder bandolier
Usable by higher level Cowboy and Musketeer npcs

I feel like the royalty one is a bit iffy, but I think the others are all pretty good. Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah, since WoM royals were like lv500

Speaking of, how was Magius scaling even supposed to work? Players are going to be spawning on every end of the continent so not by area. When the game ended it was fine, lv1s could still run into the minotaur but that was fine. What will happen once there are lv300 bounties we need to catch? We never got to see how WoM tackled that one

I honestly don’t know how exactly that’ll be handled yet, but I do think scaling bounties by the current player cap is a start.
There’s going to be NPCs of all sorts of levels around the map, but maybe certain regions (like wildernesses far from any towns) have a higher spawnrate of high lv NPCs, and near towns have more lower lv ones, so newer players don’t get annihilated by some OP NPC? I have to think about it

One thing I noticed about WoM, though this might not be intentional:

If I was lv80 on a server full of a bunch a lvl 1s, I saw mostly starter class quests. If I was on a majority high level server it was mostly apprentice quests.

Maybe when you spawn an NPC, take the average level of the players around that NPC. If I’m a lv20 in the bronze grasslands, and theres a bunch of lv125s in summerhold, then the bronze grasslands bounties might be like lv30-40 and the summerhold ones will be around lv150-60 by proximity to higher level players

This might lead to the minority level range having a bad experience tho. Too many op or too many weak quests sucks.

OR

Area Progression. Each area starts out weak, lv20 bounties and weak quests like “fetch my ink lmao” but as players complete quests there, that area goes up.

At the beginning of a server, some wildernesses will be higher level than others. But if those areas are neglected, they gradually go down in power, maybe if there’s nobody there they go down 5 levels per ingame day so new spawns in an area arent cleaning up some high lvs mess

Quest difficulty is in fact determined by the level of the players in the server.

But both of those sound like interesting concepts, it could be a bit difficult to script due to all the checks and stuff but it would make for a good balance between players and NPCs.

Bounties I think will continue to scale like AO’s, where they all start at lv 20 and level up 20-30 levels every time they get killed and then reappear in the wilderness regions. But this would definitely work for stuff like structures, I don’t think a lv 20 player wants to fight a fort with 15 bandits and a lv 90 elite.

I think for the area level one, they should all start in the midrange so a lv 70 player doesn’t have to collect like 20 fetch quests before they finally start getting good quests, though of course lower level quests should still spawn.

I think maybe we could have NPCs similar to bounties that are one-offs rather than respawning kinds, but still follow outfit themes, and those can fit into these region type level scalings.