Reminders for AO (Part 3)

speaking of which

6 Likes

the description IS quite eh

The code for obtaining it probably isn’t finished yet, which is why it’s not in the patch notes.

You earn this badge when you first sail into the Dark Sea. Be sure to have a ship with high stability and durability. Next, you should probably try to loot some chests in the Dark Sea to try to find a Dark Sea Compass.

The writer in me is frustrated by the repetition of “try to” in the same sentence.
Such a minor nitpick of course, but I am very nitpicky when it comes to those things :joy:

The description isn’t that bad for what it’s supposed to do. I think it would serve better as an in-game hint, though. An actual issue with it is that “high stability and durability” is super vague, an average player probably wouldn’t have a good scale of how high it should be. I don’t know what they would use as a reference.

1 Like

Great! Now try doing the same thing in tier 5 insanity

Wait… What happens if you don’t have any crew members equipped? Do you need some to obtain the badge, or is this like a cheat? :thinking:

Furthest you can get is tier 4 insanity, and you need warding 5 to survive that

Yeah but i’d imagine it would be leagues harder than Bronze Sea Abolish title

it would be fun if true captain like took in account players that were on your boat when you entered the insanity ranges and counted them as part of the crew

Imagine getting to 39:50 10 seconds before getting the title and they just kill themselves.

Them fr

It fits rn I just don’t know if it’s completely appropriate

The badge is basically: Make sure your ship does not go down to red hp or you lose

Wonder how far you can get if you just afk’ed at the Insanity 1 depth of the Dark Sea

You’ll probably get rammed by some dark sea ships or something. Not to mention acid rain and shit.

Me returning back from the dark sea with 100 dark sea sealed chests hoping for gems but instead get 100 duplicates of Dark Sea Compasses :skull:

2 Likes

Wasn’t dark sea compass comes from sailor chest lootpool?

Whirpool spawns in on-top of you

it’s from diving points and dark sea chests, 1/5 chance from dark sea chests