Remove sharks from the game

have you realized this isnt even a fucking suggestion

i know, i cant apply for it because the suggestions thing doesnt work cuz i cant fit 2 suggestions into the tiny ass box
this is all the space u get wtf

yeah the suggestion box is annoying, you have to summarize what you want to suggest to a crazy degree. Yet I got in by wanting to suggest fox ears…

fox ears is a good suggestion

simply parry

stan sharks

1 Like

:shark: :shark: :shark:

that is the most clever usage of potions i’ve ever seen

1 Like

also

:shark: :shark:

bruhfish

and some whales too :whale: :whale2:

blud found the rare circular sea curse

The way I did it was by fully writing out my suggestions in a notepad, saying the titles of each of the suggestions in the box, and then posting the full suggestions in a reply on the new private thread created.

You enter that then edit the post after

But anyways, I’d rather keep sharks ngl. In fact, their spawnrate should’ve stayed as a hella ton since I enjoy having the sea become dangerous

When you post ideas like this, it doesn’t matter. If that box could fit the entirety of the Lord of the Rings books and it wouldn’t be enough to get you suggester.

In all seriousness, Sharks and Sea Monsters are a fundamental part of the game. Half of the basis for Arcane Adventures and Odyssey is the sailing and ocean-based activities. Ship combat, diving, etc. Entities in the ocean enhances that experience by adding risk and additional rewards. I agree that ship attachments are an absolute joke, but that’s an entirely different problem.

I do not believe sharks (and by extension, sea monsters) have contributed a single thing to our society. They’re annoying to kill as their glitchy behaviour makes them run around like an autistic kid after downing 3kg of sugar, they do a shit ton of damage, the shark hunting weapons are as effective as putting a plaster on a decapitated head as they’re too slow to ever hit a tiny shark, and too weak to kill a sea monster. you can’t even see underwater while holding them (but you can as a captain) so it’s impossible to even hit sea monsters 90% of the time). and for ALL that, what do you even get? You get ONE regeant for a middling potion :skull: poison tooth dagger is the ONLY good shark drop, and it’s borderline impossible to get because of how absurdly rare poison jaws is by itself, then you have to SOMEHOW kill it with a sharkhunting weapon to guarentee the drop. Meanwhile you’d need to kill 10 white eyes for a SINGLE power potion, and invisibility is useless outside of running past sirens (invisibilty 1 achives this) so the obulus is borderline useless too. They also give combat tag, which makes no sense? How tf is this shark lowering my bounty, it’s a SHARK? Does the grand navy has a shark translator? Do AO sharks have opposable thumbs and the ability to read? I don’t fucking think so.

In summary, i believe sharks have contributed nothing to this game, except for frustration. It’s truly been an arcane travesty experiencing sharks.

someone doesnt have +200% swim speed

very mid shark evasion, you’re not meant to swim in straight lines you’re meant to break their ankles

I do not believe sharks (and by extension, sea monsters) have contributed a single thing to our society. They’re annoying to kill as their glitchy behaviour makes them run around like an autistic kid after downing 3kg of sugar, they do a shit ton of damage, the shark hunting weapons are as effective as putting a plaster on a decapitated head as they’re too slow to ever hit a tiny shark, and too weak to kill a sea monster. you can’t even see underwater while holding them (but you can as a captain) so it’s impossible to even hit sea monsters 90% of the time). and for ALL that, what do you even get? You get ONE regeant for a middling potion :skull: poison tooth dagger is the ONLY good shark drop, and it’s borderline impossible to get because of how absurdly rare poison jaws is by itself, then you have to SOMEHOW kill it with a sharkhunting weapon to guarentee the drop. Meanwhile you’d need to kill 10 white eyes for a SINGLE power potion, and invisibility is useless outside of running past sirens (invisibilty 1 achives this) so the obulus is borderline useless too. They also give combat tag, which makes no sense? How tf is this shark lowering my bounty, it’s a SHARK? Does the grand navy has a shark translator? Do AO sharks have opposable thumbs and the ability to read? I don’t fucking think so.

In summary, i believe sharks have contributed nothing to this game, except for frustration. It’s truly been an arcane travesty experiencing sharks.

New copypasta dropped

2 Likes