Rename vitality to 'spirit', among other changes

Rename vitality to 'spirit', among other changes https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/1/f/1f12702453cbb5094466ce67b6ad4e18cf70df6a.png
effort 3.0 2 quality 2.5 2 reasonability 2.666666666666667 3

You’d have to remove the reduced Power scaling too as well.

But semantics aside, Vitality is in a good spot right now and is fine as is atm. The “OP Glass Cannon” part is a bit silly to me since it got addressed with the new/current Vitality Formula.

From what i can tell it definitely helped on curbing Vit Builds with high Power. But it also had the added effect of causing me going from 74 Power down to 0 in the process as well when it dropped. .

Imbues have recently made it much more bearable with the negation of Dmg Reduction. But i can still vaguely tell/feel that the reduced Power scaling is in there, but Patrimony Imbue synergies are offsetting it a tad.

If Glass Canon Vit Paths are still somehow a thing and somehow a problem. Nothing a bit more reduced Power scaling wont do.

Just . . Make sure not to hit those of us who are sticking with 40/45 Power and no higher. I don’t want to continue flopping around 0 Power and some Power investment. .

i agree with the rename to spirit, but i’m not too sure about the rest

by damage reduction i mean that scaling

So you removed most of vitality’s uniqueness?

yeah sure.
only reason vitality still gives health is cus the community would be mad otherwise

1 Like

rejoice, that was a bug and it’s going to be fixed

It still being there wasn’t intentional?!

guess it wasn’t

So let me get this straight, my build that is already capable of dealing 300+ damage with spirit imbue will be able to do even more?

stuff similar to this idea is gonna happen next update

7 Likes

We’re essentially as strong as Pure Builds and our fellow Hybrids now yeah. Since i thought the reduced Power scaling still being there on imbues was to help offset it a bit more.

Because Vit Drawback is decently negligible, and only makes things start to get hairy if you’re at 3-5% HP left. But you quite frankly have other issues by that point tbh. .

ggs we did it

I swear vetex is actually just making up what vitality is going to be as he goes along.

No.

I’ve beaten a 5k hp Knight (whos BETTER THAN ME AT PVP MIND YOU) with no trouble with only around 1.7k hp.
Its not about how much health you have, its about how you play and your skill.

Well he is developing it

Exactly!! It makes no sense that vitality is the only stat that affect something outside of their build.

Like, investing on magic in a warlord build adds nothing to it. Same for investing in weapons for a warlock. Why does investing in vitality grant you health in the first place?

I completely agree with this proposal. It solves problems in parity, balancing and concept

I mean, magic, strength and weapons have no uniqueness, whi is vit the outlier in the first place?

Gee, I sure do wonder why the build type that revolves around sacrificing their health to use skills increases the maximum amount of health someone has

weapons: easily changable w/lots of variety of attacks
Strength: primarily up close with not much long range attacks
Magic: pretty sucky up close attacks with good long range
Vitality: more health, use health on attack, with good attacks

they each have their own unique playstyles with their own unique “gimmicks”, I’ve played every type and still believe this to be true, there are obvious outliers like surge and metal being more up close due to range, but overall they have mostly unique playstyles (aside from vit in terms of attacks but that’s because it has ONE ABILITY)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.