Repair Hammer Durability UI

Repair Hammer Durability UI https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/3/4/34ab6a0f5208566c499ca3a6818dc391c5158f5a_2_1024x576.jpeg
effort 5.0 22 quality 5.0 22 reasonability 5.0 26

Main Issue

When using a repair hammer on a large ship like the Caravel, Ketch or Brig, the durability bar is often blocked by the tall masts. This makes it difficult to see your ship’s current durability without rotating your camera in a very finnicky way, and even then it’s still slightly obscured. This is especially annoying in the Dark Sea, when you want to keep an eye on your ship’s durability when repairing but keep getting swept away by waves.

My Suggestion

When using the Repair Hammer on a ship, a green bar should appear above your toolbar, showing the ship’s name, tier, and how much durability it has, similar to the UI that shows up when commanding your ship.

This will allow the player to know how much durability their ship has while at the same time being able to look for other hazards in the sea. (Good example is, of course, waves in the Dark Sea.)

Why?

I feel like this is a general quality of life change to Repair Hammers due to eliminating some long-standing issues when seeing how much your ship is repaired when using it. Allowing for ease-of-access to information about your ship while being able to keep an eye on your surroundings is beneficial in more ways than one. You can finally avoid a head-on collision with an island or getting swept away by a wave when you want to keep a constant eye on your durability.

29 Likes

common sense qol, great suggestion

3 Likes

yes.

1 Like

Swear to god if this dosent get at least 30 votes, literally QoL at its finest.

makes sense

stole my reply :rage:

Me when I fully agree:

i never say anything here, but ngl, imma hard agree w/ this

Best suggestion I’ve ever seen, we need this

yes.

Petition to gank whoever doesn’t give this all 5 stars?

1 Like

best suggestion ever, and it wouldn’t even be hard to make since he could use the same GUI as the one that show when u’re on your boat

dang that never came to mind

good suggestion , but dear lord does vetex even read suggestions anymore?

hell yeah how has nobody thought of this till now lol

fire

preach

Very good QoL

Very good me like