Replace The Grand Navy to Better Suit AO's Setting

By attempting to rule over everything, that’s basically declaring war on literally everyone at once.
They’d get destroyed immediately by doing that.

The real question is how many kingdoms would unify for all of 30 seconds to obliterate them before going back to murdering each other.
As they say, “The enemy of my enemy is my friend unless the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy and- you know what lets just kill it.”

2 Likes

Yes please very cool.

So now villains can actually live properly. Fleeing from kingdom to kingdom waiting for their reputation in each area to go down or something XD.

Its more of actually being friendly in one kingdom then going out and nuking another kingdom while everybody else is just fine with that since nobody liked that kingdom anyways.

If you want to be outright evil and against everyone, have fun traveling as you’ve successfully united all of the kingdoms to a single goal: Killing you repetitively.

Lmao

yoo, actually a really good suggestion. Voted

Sounds good

I feel like this would be way more fitting, and the basic “you’re good guy or bad guy” reputation system hasn’t aged too well.

Honestly tho why would there be a government dealing with everyone’s problems in a part of the world full of kingdoms at war?

I think I said the same in a similar suggestion wait a minute
(edit:Forget it, I remembered if I said that but the post was not similar)

I think it was already suggested but I like it better your version is deeper

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, you have no clue what the GN is like or will be like so suggesting it be changed entirely when you dont really have a general idea of it and are basing it off of the past games when its been repeatedly stated that “the grand navy is different” is a bit much. And this game is story based so how you are viewed will matter retrospectively with each kingdom already.

9 Likes

That’s great, but if that’s the case, why does the grand navy need to exist?
If each kingdom is already planned dynamic, why would they all have the exact same group fighting for them when it’d be way more interesting if each kingdom fought back theirselves.

In terms of what we all know about the GN, we know its going to be player-joinable and so far every detail we’ve been shown has been changed from the MC to make it as close to the AG as humanly possible… that doesn’t make me feel particularly hopeful on it not becoming the same globally hated toxic cesspool that the AG was while somehow having even less of a reason to exist.
Also it has the problem of being the exact same group of enemies that you face as an ‘evil player’ from level 0 to level 1000. If you ask me, that’s going to get really boring really fast.

i like your suggestion but i def dont want the grand navy to be entirely replaced. Rather it be the army of the strongest kingdom out there. This kingdom would be somewhat neutral in the war seas and only interferes in wars when it wants to.
See it a like the one shot pirates in aa/ar.

This would give you 2 reputations: 1 for each kingdom which would display when youre in that kingdom and 1 for the grand navy which would display at every moment.

1 Like

I’m down for being able to join different kingdoms so you have my vote although based off of what you said wouldn’t that mean if we join a certain kingdom we’d only be able to use weapons?

No. That’d be incredibly stupid.
Everybody would only ever strictly join the kingdom that allows you to do whatever you want if that ended up being the case.

Youll see why, and youll see what they do and how they work. I am open to suggestions but only when people know what the topic theyre talking about is. And who said anything about a universal guard/attack force? Again stop assuming things based on previous games, im not sure how many times it needs to be said that the GN is different.

4 Likes

I’m just wondering one more thing:
If it’s not something that’s going to be universal and the kingdoms will have their own defenses, why even call it a replacement for the Magic Council?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.