Reputation should affect name color in chat

Currently, if you don’t have a special title like the Contributor or Top Donator titles which would change the color of your name in the overworld and on the player list UI, your name color in the chat would default to your Roblox name color.

I think it’d be a neat detail if the color of your name in the chat depended on your reputation rather than just a roblox-given color that can’t be changed (unless you change your Roblox user or use a special title in-game).

For example, if you have Protector reputation, your name in the chat would be a similar color to a Magic Council member’s name.

It would make it easier to know of the reputation of nearby players.

Oof, when people have the same name colors as bad rep npcs ('tis confusing for my smooth-brain at first)

and when bad rep players have same name colors as good rep npcs

ok now a question,why me name on roblox games is purple?

idk, mine’s always yellow

1 Like

uh,maybe the magic sense help fell if magic is good or evil?

At least y’all have an appealing color mines always been doodoo brown.

people epicaly failing to post commentaries

yeah id like this way better than my ugly brown name

Me when i run out of votes https://tenor.com/view/flight-reacts-rage-mad-angry-tired-gif-17105269

3 Likes

Same. Wish Roblox would allow you to change it though

Nooo, I don’t wanna lose my yellow name.
But seriously, it might be better if pos reps had blue names and bad reps had yellow-orange to be distinguished from the NPCs if this gets added.

2 Likes

This would mean that almost everyone has a name that’s either deep red or bright green - it’d be handy for telling what reputation some distant speaker is, but for actual conversations it’d make it harder to tell who someone is at a glance - especially when speaking to other players of the same reputation.

I’d prefer to see more name colours in chat rather than less - I’d actually opt for the exact opposite and increase the random variety of colours that a player’s name can show up as.

I think having it based on your Wizard Rank is better.

2 Likes

What about having it as an option between:
Your wizard ranking, reputation, default roblox color, or a combination of wizard ranking and reputation.

Sounds confusing to have that many options

Well it’d be optional so who cares if its confusing.
Doesn’t really affect gameplay.

thing is how are you gonna distinguish npcs from players?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.