Rewrite on the Cargo system Update

Rewrite on the Cargo system Update
effort 4.0 1 quality 0.0 0 reasonability 3.5 2

This is me effectively rewriting an earlier suggestion I made. I’d give a link to my original one, But I have no clue how.

Cargo
The cargo system is pretty good currently, but In my eyes it has two large flaws.
These flaws are:

1. The SHEER amount of work you have to do to load up your ship. It takes ages of mind-numbing going back and forth between your ships buying/stealing cargo.

2. The Ketch is better than the Brig for cargo. While the Brig is the better ship in every other way, it is significantly worse than the Ketch for cargo. the Ketch has a larger and more rectangular surface area, simply making it easier to load cargo onto.

This suggestion could take care of both of these problems.

The actual suggestion

I propose that each ship has a set amount of cargo it can carry, based not on how much surface area the ship has but how big the ship is. This would effectively eliminate the second problem, as the Brig would have more cargo space than the Ketch.
The cargo would be put into a grate/ trapdoor in the floor, similar to where everything on your ship goes during a cross between seas. The amount of cargo you have could be seen by going to the grate/trapdoor, and cargo could be taken out of it that way.

The Second Part

I propose that by going to a shipwright you could order an amount of cargo from him, which would fill up into your cargo hold at the same rate that unloading your ship full of cargo does, just doing the opposite.
Obviously, you would need a crew to do this.

Balancing

Ways of making the second part more/less OP could include:

1. Negative renown players, or players with notoriety would have to load their ship manually as the shipwright wouldn’t let them place an order on cargo. (This would also mean they couldn’t steal it using the auto-load function, giving an incentive to stay in the positive renown.)

2. Using this system awards less exp/gals upon sale.

3. If you load cargo onto your ship, Navy ships (if you have negative renown), Pirate Ships etc would come after you, and just you. The more cargo, the harder the ships.

4. Using this Function would send out a beacon to other players who can chase and attack you to plunder your cargo and take it for themselves, but only if they sink you ship with theirs first. (would also add an incentive to have a powerful/fast ship). Also, There would have to be some sort of level cap to prevent Brigs taking out caravels of lower-level players.

i agree with the first part, but as for the 2nd part afaik vetex said that he doesnt want cargo to become idling or just sitting around, you gotta actually place the crates yourself. even if the game incentivises people to hunt you for it by using a fast ship you could still basically idle the whole thing, just watching out for people trying to hunt you

1 Like

reasonability is ONLY this high because of the first part, i wholly disagree with the second

1 Like

as usual i dont want to allow people to fill up their ship with cargo whenever they damn please without any effort
even if the sell price was a quarter its still free undeserved money and exp whenever you switch town

i cant imagine cargo ever being automatically loaded unless you just couldnt sell it anymore and it was used solely for repairs and stuff. also criminals could still get the option to but theyd have to buy it like anyone else

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.