RFAO Split: Item Modifiers

As someone who just got a rare chart and an exotic chart from the last spot of a legendary chart: this is definitely a win. Side note: I will never be free

DAMNIT. No more chaining charts until I have enough that every island I pass has a chart.

1 Like

I doubt itā€”only rare+ rarity items are worth using rn. Even with modifiers, uncommon items are still uncommon.

I hope that weapons will also get some modifiers like this, but since vetex compared it to atlantean items, itā€™s probably not going to happen any time soon.
reason: weapons are pretty boring

Atlantean weapons did have the modifier for a short period of time after the update. I temporarily had some claws that gave power and insanity

can i ask why a supernova and not a dark sea essentia aura?

Since these can only be found on Uncommon / Common items (from digging up chests), itā€™ll probably be ok.

ā€¦ probably.

My current prediction is that eventually there will be some non-chart way to dig up rarer treasures on dark sea islands in the future, which would make modifiers much more relevant in terms of the meta.

these can only be found on Uncommon / Common items

Iā€™m about to send every one of my two braincells to the balancing team if the goal is to make these modifiers viable while they canā€™t be applied to any Rare+ items (except the extremely slim chance of a Drowned Sunken), will usually have only one jewel slot, and have stats that are usually outclassed or will likely be outclassed by Rare+ variants.

those didnā€™t actually give the stats though

Err, most stuff 100+ has two jewel slots &l

& the only real rare stuff rn is sunken

oh iā€™m stupid, i thought supernova was made with dark sea essentia

2 Likes

darn

why does he keep doing this wtf is his problem

chart chaining was fun. I mean, maybe it could return as a shovel enchantment? So thereā€™s a tradeoff to doing it? That could be reasonable

1 Like

this needs to be a thing. goldsight for 1 easy chart or ā€œcartographerā€ enchant for multiple charts without goldsight (enables chart chaining)

my bet on what stats they give
ā€¢ Frozen is defense and Blasted is power, already comfirmed in Vetexā€™s newest tweet

ā€¢ Archaic: Size ( older things tend to be larger than their mordern counterpart )

ā€¢ Sandy: Intensity ( sun caraway decrease status effect time but increase it tier, both of which sounds like what intensity would effect )

ā€¢ Drowned: Agility or Size ( the sunken armor size boost was from it being sunken iirc )

ā€¢ Crystalline: Attack Speed or Intensity ( the jewels secondary stats sound like something that would be effected by either of thoseā€¦ could also be agility ig but its more unlikely )

ā€¢ Superheated: ??? Power and Drawback/Drawback and boosted original stats??

I love the infinite feedback loop of treasure charts

also I see one thing no one is talking about
this update is coming friday