Roleplay Replies

i know that peeps with roleplayer role already have the ability to reply to stories and stuff, but why not everyone else? we already have the ability to comment on art posts, so how come we cant reply to RP?

an easy answer would be so the topic doesnt get cluttered up, though i suppose that would only count for the ongoing RP’s, not the stories

If we did this it might be an idea to split Roleplay into two subcategories, #RP:stories (which would have public responses) and #RP:Roleplays (which would keep full restrictions).

though as far as I can tell it’s not too lively over there anyway so maybe it’s not a big deal

yeah, that would be pretty good! i’ve been wanting to try to become an RP’er for a while now but i’ve never gotten to submitting some of my work

I mean some people might not want certain stuff to be associated with their writing but I think the majority (including me) would like to see comments on our work. Feels like we’re writing to the walls without comments.

I think xael is the one in charge of admissions and they seem to be pretty inactive. If you want I could relay whatever comments you want to leave and say they’re from you in the meantime.

Nah I think it’s just that not many people want to submit because of

1. There aren’t that many people who like rping and writing stories
  2. All the rules and guidelines put in place kinda discourage new people from joining

Personally I started out writing in other categories because I was a bit intimidated not only by the rules but also how few people there was. I think letting people reply to stories might make it seem not only more active but also more welcoming.

Well if look at the forum story game 1 and 2 in off-topic, you can see that there are a lot non-roleplayers who still like writing stories or RP-ing in the setting of WoM. The issue must be something about the roleplay category.

Maybe it’s just that it’s viewed as having a lot more professionalism than just off topic. With all the rules set in place plus most of the stories being serious adventures following the universe that is WoM, it makes sense that people are discouraged from joining.

I think role play can still be kept professional, but maybe ease in on a few rules and allow anyone to reply just so stuff actually gets bumped and writers get to see nice replies.

Tbh, becoming a roleplayer isn’t even really that hard. The story I sent to get in wasn’t even good and I’ve never heard of anyone with basic english skills getting denied. The application process is mostly just burdensome.

yeah, i get what you mean. whenever i look in the RP topics people have like 100 ish views but barely any replies, seems kinda dumb tbh

ive had a few ideas for stories, but i keep on holding back since its not like anyone will really notice unless its something REALLY different. a few examples would be the invitation RP and trollus’ webtoon

I’m currently trying to set up an RP in off-topic that anyone can participate in but I’m still brainstorming for ideas. If you could DM me me any of your ideas that I could use, I’d appreciate it.

only ideas ive had were WoM history based and long ass stories lmao

Anything works. I can probably figure out how to use it to give a direction to the RP and I currently have gotten 0 ideas from people in my thread for brainstorming ideas for the RP so I’m desperate. Actually, if you’re willing, post it here instead of DMs

Wow #RP really is dead, maybe if this suggestion is accepted we can actually revive the dead category.

hey i just wanted to reply because I have been trying to reply to trade request and the reply button won’t pop up, it’s really frustrating, seems this site has some limitation on replies how do I get this roleplayer role so i can reply.