Rosberg's Troubles [Updated, once again]

I will split this in a few parts and of course my writing will get better as time goes on (P.S english aint my first language so dont expect zero mistakes)

Lighting snaked across the sky.
Rain poured down.
The seas were stirring.
Explosions rang out through the darkness.

The Duchess of Zephyr was sailing as Grand Navy ships were closing in. The ship’s mortars were used to fire chain-shot at the navy ship’s sails. There were just so many of them. At the wheel was Captain Rosberg. A criminal wanted for thievery and the murder of an admiral, Alongside him was Electra Nimbus. Rosberg’s first mate and best friend. Electra yelled over the storm “We need to get out of this storm captain! The crew cannot handle this any longer!” Rosberg could barely see through the rain before suddenly a navy brig appeared in front of them, its portside showing directly at them. Rosberg yelled out “Navy ahead! Full sail, Prepare for ramming!” As the captain yelled that the side sails opened and the ship accelerated towards the brig. A wave made the Duchess of Zephyr go upwards which caused the ship to ram into the side of the navy brig with max force, Crew from the brig would jump off the ship or attempt to get out of the way of the ram path but it was futile. The ship would get cut down the middle. The duchess of Zephyr’s crew cheered but quickly yelled at the captain to turn as another brig was rapidly approaching, This time the Duchess of Zephyr was the ram target. When the ram collided with the ship, Rosberg would get thrown to the side and everything turned dark.

It’s cold.
Oh so cold.
Cold and wet.
Wake up.
Wake. Up.

Rosberg suddenly awakes on a beach. Many large pieces of wood gathered around him, Alongside green coloured cloth. Somebody was shaking him around. “Wake up you dingleberry! You cannot die on me here!”. Rosberh sits up and the individual stops and blows out a sigh of relief. “Thank the gods, I thought you passed into Hades’s realm.” Electra Nimbus, Rosberg’s best friend, was sitting alongside him on the shoreline and watching the waves. “What… Happened?” Rosberg spoke, His lips felt dry and his head felt like it was about to combust.
“We lost the battle, The navy finally took us down.” Electra Nimbus looked more puzzled than sad at their defeat. “How come we lost? The Duchess of Zephyr was well armoured, I-I could not have lost!” Rosberg crawled around and found his blue hat. He took it into his hands and looked at it with despair. “Lenna-” Electra attempted to speak before getting cut short by Rosberg “Do not call me that. You know how much I hate it when people call me Lenna.” Rosberg snapped at them. “Lenna, our ship is lost! The entire crew is lost! It’s. Over.” Rosberg dusted the sand off his hat and put it on before looking around. “Where is my sword?” Electra stood up and walked to a nearby bush and took out the blade, A medium-sized, one handed sword made out of Arcanium metal. Water seems to constantly drop from the tip. Electra handed him the sword. “What do you plan to do Rosberg? Our ship is gone and it will only be a matter of time before the navy finds us.” Rosberg climbed up onto a small wall before looking out over the land and the sea. “That does not mean I will just let them arrest and execute me Electra, I do not plan to go down that easily.”

Rosberg and Electra were walking on the island. It is pure wilderness, No civilization, Just great for hiding. Rosberg walked a bit further ahead of Electra, They were cutting tall grass as they walked past. Electra on the other hand was enjoying himself. It has been so long since he walked through a forest. It feels… Calming… The distant sounds of the sea, The chirping of the birds. It was peaceful. Yet he could feel Rosberg’s tension, The anger that Rosberg had. He tried to keep his mind off it by practising some tricks with a small ball of lighting which he created with the magic that he possesses. Lighting and Water. Rosberg on the other hand never had those abilities, He focused more on weapons and a style of fighting which required him to consume a lot of seawater. Electra never saw the use, But Rosberg probably knows what they’re doing, At Least that’s what Electra Hopes.

After a while of walking they find themselves a small clearing and sit down. They were walking for hours and still did not find civilization. Electra took out a small flask and took a swig from it before offering it to Rosberg, Who took the flask and nearly drained it. Rosberg looked around at the trees “I wonder where we even are.” Electra also looked around. The trees were tall and vines hung from the branches up high. Some bananas and mangos were seen hanging. “I have no idea…” Electra replied as he put the flask back into his pouch. “Well then, Rosberg, What is the plan?” Rosberg looked at Electra “Survive i guess. Not much to do until we find civilization or a ship. And of course hope that the Grand Navy does not find us. We are way too vulnerable like this.” The sun was going down and soon it became dark. “You should rest, I’ll keep the first watch.” Rosberg wanted to protest but he found himself already laying down and closing his eyes and after only a few moments he was asleep. Electra looked at Rosberg as he fell asleep “The things we get into…”
Rosberg wakes as a beam of sunlight flows on his face through the roof of leaves. Electra would be sitting next to a campfire with a fish impaled on a stick and over the flame. “Ah you’re finally awake. I made some food, Eat.” Rosberg stands up and stretches, His back hurts from sleeping on the ground. “Not the best rest I’ve had…” He’d look around once again, This is not a dream like he hoped it would be. He was indeed defeated in battle. Electra offers him a roasted fish on a stick and Rosberg would take it before biting a bit off the anchovy. They sat in silence before Electra spoke up again. “While you slept I scouted out the area this morning. I saw a small hut earlier, Nobody was there but it had signs of recent habitation. Might be worth checking out.” Rosberg thinks for a moment. “Sounds good, Let me finish my fish and we’ll head out.”

A while later they arrived at the location, They watched from the nearby foliage at the hut. A person was dragging small palm trees and piling them up. Rosberg looked at the man and then whispered to Electra “Shouldn’t be a problem to take out.” Electra studied the man. “He seems different, He has multiple scars on him. He has seen some fighting.” Rosberg shrugs and starts walking towards the hut, Not even trying to be quiet “Rosberg don-” The man instantly spots Rosberg walking towards him and he takes a defensive posture. “How many times do i have to tell you Navy Dogs keep away from this island!” Before Rosberg could respond the man dashed at him, His right leg suddenly ruptured into flames. The flames however didn’t seem to hurt the man. Rosberg took out his sword and held it in front of him as the kick landed. He blocked it with the flat end of the sword but he still slid multiple metres back. “What kind of power-‘’ Electra exited the bush at the time and looked at the man whose leg was on fire. “We are not navy!” The man looked at Electra & Rosberg and studied them. “You are not wearing a Navy uniform… You wear a lot of blue, People will mistake you for Grand Navy.” The man’s leg extinguishes and Rosberg dusts himself off sand “I’ve heard that alot. Who are you?” The man looked at Rosberg and crossed his arms. “You first.” Rosberg looked at Electra who thought for a moment before nodding. “I am Captain Rosberg and that is my first mate Electra.”
The man still observed them. “Name’s Ren, State your business” Electra stood beside Rosberg and spoke out “We were attacked by the Grand Navy and our ship was destroyed, we are stranded.” Ren would look over the sea and look at ships in the distance “So that is why i’ve seen more Grand Navy ships around, Their searching for you. Must be pretty valuable to them.” Rosberg tensed up and put his sword back up “If you think we’d go down easily you would do wisely to-” Ren waved his hand in dismissal “Why would i help the Grand Navy if they are searching for me. Those dogs can try all they want.” Electra and Rosberg both lowered their weapons and sheathed them “Like-minded i see. Help us get off this island and I will repay you.” Ren went into the shack and grabbed a pouch which he’d attack to his waist via a rope and then looked towards the sea. “Luckily for us the Grand Navy is going to try again.” Rosberg looked at the ship “Why would that count as lucky?” Ren laughed “We take their ship of course.”

The navy ship would arrive at the island and drop anchor next to it. As the soldiers disembarked they looked around. Before they could even set off the group would jump out of the bushes and start running towards the ship. Electra would shoot out lightning effectively paralysing multiple crew members, Ren would dropkick a Vice-Captain that was unfortunate to stand in the way, Launching him into the water. Rosberg of course used his sword. Cleaving through the ranks and deflecting incoming attacks. Eventually the field was littered with bodies, The last one remaining was the captain. He stood at the back of the ship with his sword drawn. The trio stood around him before Rosberg spoke up. “You have 5 seconds to start giving us some good information before I gut you like a fish.” The captain brought his sword up as if about to strike “N-Never criminal scum!” He charged at Rosberg but he was kicked to the side of the head by Ren. “Now that we have gotten rid of that nuisance. Shall we?”

The navy.
The “Grand” Navy.
So grand yet so weak.
When will they learn?

Spencer Huston walked onto the balcony of a fort that belonged to the Grand Navy. He looked over the sea and took a deep breath. Somebody knocked on the door and he told them to come in. “Here are the documents you requested Commander Huston” Spencer turned to the woman “Thank you. I believe the Commodore has a task for you.” The woman left the room after putting the sheaf of papers on the man’s table. Spencer sat down behind his desk and looked through the paper pile on his desk before finding the one he wanted. A criminal record. The name on top of the page would irritate the Commander. Lenna Rosberg. Rosberg escaped Spencer’s grasp too many times. The Commodore has given him the order to search out Rosberg and kill them. If only it was that easy… Spencer would grab the papers that were delivered to him and look through them. Most of them were letters that he threw into the bin. One caught his eye. It was a report from the last checkup on another notorious criminal nicknamed Ren. The report states that when a routine checkup was conducted the ship and its crew were ambushed by three individuals, One of them being Ren. The other individuals both matched the last known descriptions of Electra Nimbus and Lenna Rosberg. When the Commander realised this he stood up in surprise and looked at the other documents. Could it be that he finally found them?

Moments later Spencer would be walking through the complex towards the docks. He notified a man to tell the Commodore he was off and that he’d take “The Star Gazer” out to sea, The man quickly saluted and ran off. After short preparations The Star Gazer would be sailing on the sea. The ship sported the standard Grand Navy colour pallete but the sail pattern was different. Instead of being the Grand Navy insignia, the sails would have a giant four-tipped star. The figure head also was a person holding a star. The ram was the scariest part of the front. It was made out of rugged steel and Arcanium. Whenever the captain desired he would be able to imbue the ram with his magic. Commander Spencer had the ability to use Light magic, Yet he preferred to use his sword and flintlocks for actual combat. Spencer was at the front of the ship, holding a spyglass and looking over the horizon. He will find them, he told himself. He must.

When he finally arrived at the location that the report states he looked around. Dead Grand Navy soldiers were lying on the beach. He looked around more, The ship was nowhere to be seen. They took it. They slaughtered his men and stole their ship to escape the island.

2 Likes