Rules on Discussion of Autofishing

I’d like to start by saying I know the threads were a complete shitstorm.
I realise why they were locked, and I’m not trying to imply the admins are trying to cover up their auto-fishers in some great conspiracy.

The question is, are we allowed to discuss auto-fishing, or is it now a banned topic due to all the drama surrounding it?

The thread Headless uses autofishing? was locked, the thread A serious note on autofishing was locked and unlisted, and the thread alright poll on if autofishing should be bannable was deleted outright. There might have been more - I was asleep and only know about the posts I was awake for. Unlisted posts are difficult to find, deleted posts impossible.

After the first auto-fishing thread was locked, polar stated that it was locked due to hostility and uncivility (can’t find this post now, because it’s been deleted). This is fair, and like I said at the start, the other threads didn’t go much better.
This joke thread was also locked and unlisted though, and that thread hadn’t decended into madness like the others.

Are we allowed to discuss autofishing, provided it stays civil, or is there a blanket ban now?
If the latter, could we add it to the rules?

We don’t encourage auto clickers and misinformation spreads. Toxicity spreads and eventually the thread just becomes something that is no longer a discussion. It happened with every single post discussing the issue. This is why any posts about auto clicking in any way that brings up drama in the slightest way will be closed.

1 Like

I see, thank you.

Does this mean that threads/discussions that encourage/endorse auto-fishing will get closed/unlisted?

I agree with Headless on this.
Anything related to 3rd Party which benefits the user in the game shouldn’t be discussed here.

It depends on the context. I don’t want to say yes or no because people will always refer to this post. The only thing I can say is to avoid causing drama on the forums. And talking about auto clicking is one sure way drama will be inticed.

were you scared of my post becasuse it can acutaly happen?

yes