Sand Based Fighting Style (Bandit Style(Pocket Sand))

Sand Based Fighting Style (Bandit Style(Pocket Sand))
effort 2.25 8 quality 2.0 8 reasonability 2.222222222222222 9

So I was thinking about a new fighting style know as “Bandit Style” (Pocket Sand). So you would Find the master in Sameria and the quest would probably be like gather a ton of gold or something, and then he would teach it to you. The Fighting style would focus on utility over power. So it would probably do lower damage (maybe 0.8) but have much bigger attack size (maybe 1.1?)

Honestly fighting style focus on primarily on strength (which makes sense) but the boxing is the only one that pushes a playstyle a little different then the rest, so maybe one that would in inflict a blinding effect at the cost of decent damage would be a good idea.

*Edit cause a dude had a fricken dope idea to add on
“More seriously though I think we can have more fun with this idea. This thing screams “resource management” but we already have sailor. To make it different, the way you “charge” by touching and running on the ground, as if you were collecting sand and dirt. In exchange, every punch you do has extra AOE, damage (albeit less than sailor) , and most uniquely leaving behind a cloud of nasty sand ever hit which can blind and possibly burn, as well as staying in the air. I imagine since it’s easier to reload, the bar stores less and usage depletes it faster compared to sailor.”

-LichdaDerp

1 Like

correct

why so many

magic gets a bunch. only fair that i can punch them in every category.

More seriously though I think we can have more fun with this idea. This thing screams “resource management” but we already have sailor. To make it different, the way you “charge” by touching and running on the ground, as if you were collecting sand and dirt. In exchange, every punch you do has extra AOE, damage (albeit less than sailor) , and most uniquely leaving behind a cloud of nasty sand ever hit which can blind and possibly burn, as well as staying in the air. I imagine since it’s easier to reload, the bar stores less and usage depletes it faster compared to sailor.

yo thats fricken dope idea add on.

Can I like add that and credit you?

Sure lol

I’m going to cut you some slack and not rate this one, but buddy, you really need to spend more time fleshing these out. You’ve shipped out three suggestions in one day, and this one is literally less than a paragraph long. Take some time and hammer in the specificities, the details, and maybe provide some visualization if possible.

Not only that, but when suggesting gimmick-based concepts like this one, please consider the playerbase’s reaction to this being actually implemented. A blinding-based FS just sounds annoying to deal with. Especially in PVP.

Your right about me overclocking ideas, but can ya blame me? I love this game and I just wanna show ideas I got cooking in my head where ever it is at the moment.

Well the concept isn’t bad but the suggestion is still. I had a similar idea in the past based off of Joseph Joestar but I never really finished that one.

Bandits aren’t known to be the most honest fighters so maybe the fighting style could have a higher skill ceiling and some more advanced techs in exchange for lowered damage and AoE? Maybe the trainer would be some random scammer in the desert who scams you, beats you up, runs off with the money, then tasks you with tracking him down to teach you the style? Maybe positive imbues could favor smaller size abilities like daggers or light magic and not elemental imbues like others? Maybe the user would do weird acrobatics as part of the fighting style?

(if you want to go the elemental direction then maybe you could change what element it is based off the environment the user is in?)

I made like 4 good suggestions for your fighting style in like 5 minutes please put effort into your suggestions or you’ll end up like Optical and have your suggestion permissions taken away.

8 Likes

Dont Care Didnt Ask

Castrate him boys

I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m just giving you some suggestions for your fighting style that could make it better than what you obviously have here. You should consider every one of those aspects in detail before you post complex game features like fighting styles.

Me or Her?

Womp Womp

Owl Smile

feel like this would be better as some kind of consumable (like throwing potions) rather than a fighting style

bring back the pocket sand

1 Like

The Forbidden Sand Gun

I think you just answered your own question.

Potentially good concept but it needs more time in the oven.