Scratch is fun (dev log thing)

Wow, no mobile compatibility. L game

1 Like

HOW DO I DO THIS BIT ITS SO DIFFICULT PLEAAASE

When you jump wait until your at your max height before moving down and then launch yourself through an angle between the wizard and second soldier.
scratch game

thats nothing, talk to me again when you make 13D gta5

I will subscribe on you

I am now very rarely using scratch. But please check out my windows xp simulator. But a lot of my projects ARE skill issues

1 Like

You’re lucky to learn about pythons, I have to learn about lame gardening snakes :pensive:

1 Like

bro im boutta move onto cobras and that innit :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I got the joke, but python is kinda programming language

2 Likes

Yeah I know what Python is haha

1 Like

Made a lot of progress on the game.

Below is code for Mana effects. I decided to make mana extremely intrusive and annoying to gameplay complete with damage and stupid sounds so have fun!

I even did some stupid quadratic equation to make mana better why :skull:

Now inventory/equip stuff

There’s two menus, you can open inventory with r and equips with e.

I just added an amulet to my equips, now i’mma press the arrow to move it over to my inventory.

I spent far too much time on this…

Also sorry for necrobump :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m making a story currently on it pretty painful so far.

You’re making a story on this?

Yes. With coding and stuff.

Oh I get it

i’m just stupid :fr:

1 Like

The characters are bland unfortunately and the only fantasy ones are the Wizards and the prince. They are a bit too animated in my opinion. It’s going to be a big pain.

1 Like

A scratch tip: don’t use Scratch’s built-in X and Y variables. They suck and don’t work off-screen. These are some custom blocks that I made (except the “point towards” block which was made by someone on the scratch forums, I forgot who) that replicate Scratch’s movement functions. Using your own X and Y variables is better because they work off-screen. This is useful in scrolling games if you want to have enemies that move around in regular patterns and occasionally move off-screen. It also just generally makes scrolling games a lot easier to make.

You can just copy these custom blocks into a project. You don’t need to understand the math to use them (I have no idea how the point towards block works.)

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/563390439/

Also, “for this sprite only” variables have unique values for clones. When a clone is created, it copies the value of the variable, but the original can then be changed without affecting the clone version, and vise versa.

Also, the “when I receive” block will activate for every clone.

Using these together allows you to have a lot of clones in the same sprite that do different things without even needing to use a “when start as clone” block.

I don’t know if this stuff is obvious or not but it took me a long time to figure it out.

Huh, i’ll keep that in mind. Making individual enemies using clones is probably gonna be a toughie, huh?

It might be kind of hard to organize, but it’s useful because you can reuse a bunch of scripts in all your enemies using custom blocks if they’re all in one sprite.