Second Magic

Im not very concerned about accidentally nerfing my own planned class since if i didnt say this it would be figured out anyways.

So mages get skills on their second magic 200 points later, so it assumes they always put both points in magic.
Paladins get skills on their second magic 100 points later.

Well if a paladin puts 60% of their points in mafic instead of 50%, dont they get their magic skills earlier than a mage even possibly can?

I think itd make an interesting dynamic where paladins use 2 magics very well, but more magics worse (not at all), but also might just be an oversight? (Or some mistake by me)

The reasoning on the trello is because hybrids will have a lower amount of points to invest into the stat than pure builds will, so with this system they’ll be getting them relatively around the same time. And even though a 60% magic hybrid will be getting their moves sooner than a mage would, it also means that their 40% stat would be a bit more neglected. The 100 point difference may seem quite large, but when you think of it it’s really just the average since there’ll not only be 60% magic hybrids, but also 40-50% ones that will unlock their skills slower than a mage would. I guess it being a flat 100 just evens out both sides.

3 Likes

That makes sense!
Im not complaining anyways, was just interested.

1 Like

Yeah I was a bit confused when I did the math too and had to think about it for a bit

idk but if you do

points on release * max percentage of points spent on magic - penalty for second magic = points available for spells
Paladin: 250 * 0.6 - 100 = 50
Mage: 250 * 1 - 200 = 50
you get enough for blast and explosion with at best 20 points to spare

and its basically the same thing for fighting styles except it ends up with 70 (crash is initially unlocked at like 30 strength so thats fair enough)
you get enough for crash and rushdown with at best 10 points to spare

so an attack focused paladin or juggernaut would have as many points for new spells and techniques as their corresponding pure mage or berserker

That explains the lowered req increased when compared to magic

I just think it’s wacky cause a pure build, dedicated to learning fighting styles or magic would have less abilities than someone who only half learns them

And I also think it’s a little underwhelming that you only get 2 abilities on your second thing, imo it should have 3 or 4 for pure builds.

But what do I know, I’m not a tester so ig we’ll see how it plays out

Honestly base skills, being the stock abilities of a class all being unlocked relatively the same time is cool, thinking about it a mage putting all their effort into mastering their craft would probably go out searching for rarer harder to use lost spells

1 Like

pure builds have more skills and options

both pure builds and vitality hybrid have, at best, exactly as many points for their second magic, which, considering hybrids only have up to 60% as many points in magic than mages, couldnt really have been avoided without making the release really lame for hybrids. its a bit disappointing for pure builds to only have 2 skills for their second magic or fighting style on release, but honestly i expected worse.

however, mages still have a much more advanced first magic, access to ultimate arts, shapes and aura types (hybrids have the power aura by default) on release. like, first magic wise, mages are still superior. basically the same for berserker

1 Like

is paladin any good right now or does the lack of spirit weapons hurt it

doesnt seem that bad on paper but im clearly not the guy balancing the game… or finding much bugs in general

look just ask a pvphead

1 Like

Okay

That’s true

Really? That’s interesting but fair enough

Oh this is new information(leak) we knew that the options for various things were locked but the options for aura are a little bit later? That’s interesting. And thats true. Now I wonder what customization options pure mages get for the second magic

i mean the penalty difference makes it so that a 60% magic paladin will have the same options as a pure mage for their second magic at our current max level

but i guess, over time, a paladin would have less points for their second magic than a mage since they are limited to 60% max

for example, if the max level was 150 (300 stats), theyd have 80 points for their second magic while a mage would have 100, assuming those formulas make any sense

unless this was just about “i wonder if mages will be able to combine magics and spells later” or something like that
to which i answer
idk sounds cool tho

Not that I mean like the various things like multi blast/explosion or pillar/shockwave explosion

are mages good/will be good in the future?

seems like the answer is obvious but just wanna clarify

yea

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.