Second Week of Discussion 3: PvP and PvE

honestly as much as vetex and bteam dont want, they need to separate pvp and pve, there needs to be differences, im sorry but “its confusing” isnt a excuse, i swear bteam treats AO players as being braindead, yes stuff in pvp being different from pve/the rest of the game is a good way to balance AO, no, people arent the unborn idiots you think they are balance team, if they have a problem with pvp being different on a game that vetex himself wouldnt hadnt added pvp, they can cry a river, i dont care

imo, pve, which for the shake to keep this short i will refer to anything that not pvp as pve, can be better, the grind can be painful at times, best weapons are boss weapons and best armors are boss armors or sunken, i feel like the game is taking a step back on casual friendliness, such as fixing the 100% air capacity bug despite throwing away any possible good build for pvp/pve and only being good for 1 thing, and the luck nerfs, including the one where u can no longer get golden fish from luck, as the game imo isnt a grind simulator, u still need to work to get the resources and thinking that most player will just use luck 5 when its just a small potion which consists of minmaxers, its bad, it doesnt represent the actual community

and for the subject of balance team, i do have some criticism for how they work, first they have a separate balance server, and i dont get it, now sure there are stuff that we arent supposed to know, take reflexes, we had no idea of them, but in rest, why so secret, you balance a game which thousand of people, why keep it secret, imo the best they can do is to keep the secret features (till vetex makes them public) for the private balance team server, make a channel special where we can see the balance team thoughts on the change, proposals and reasoning, bring back the downvotes, upvotes and neutral and make us involved, our thoughts change almost nothing and honestly if needed even make specific topics, i swear nobody seems to complain about the self dmg of vitality, the main problem i find is ironleg jugg that mainly drove the vit changes, do you get how insane is that? u already suggested to vetex to change a whole build, at this point just make it so each magic, fs, weapon, each one haves a % of how much hp u lose, ironleg, metal, great axe both deal 5% of ur hp, lighter stuff deals %, this is easier to code, this is easier to balance, no need to change a whole build bc of 1 or maybe 2 classes

the balance team needs to stop be so out of touch (althrough sometimes they arent), secretive and actually get the community they balance for involved

1 Like

Agility is a fair and balanced stat.
Wait, this is the wrong discussion

Uhhhh
PvP is tough on laptop users?

pvp should be forced upon all players. being in the vicinity of any player in an island radius should give you the hunter nearby popup. additionally, much heavier penalty for combat logging (even against npcs)

booooo
the more i pvp the more i understand why vetex wants to outright remove agility
and honestly? i’m with him there if the agility rework isn’t effective

Agree to disagree

what

How are we going to scale mountains in seconds!!!
Just remove PvP, solves all issues!

only for those who don’t pvp

he should had added that exhaustion mechanic, agility is only fair when they dont run away

New problem: The PvP audience is now stopping the non-PvP audiences from playing the game, how do we fix that sire?

nah i disagree with exhaustion
at most agility should increase dash, t jump, and mobility moves speed (NOT distance)

honestly, love pots, or actually learn how to fight, 2 of my friends which are casual literally can fight back, its not that hard to learn pvp, players are just npcs without aimbot

stop making it out like every pvp player is out for the nearest pve player’s blood and agility is the only thing stopping the pve player’s day from being ruined

i hate it when people do this it’s completely missing the point of why agility is problematic

i hate rking and other such things related to it but this kind of behavior (super demonizing pvp players) almost pisses me off more

3 Likes

it’s not a matter of winning, but one of being forced into it.

Arcane Odyssey makes it so that you’re practically always aware of the encounters that you’re about to face (outside of the story), and even if you aren’t, you can still flee in order to save yourself.
Adding dodge exhaustion will not only stop people from saving themselves from an unexpected encounter, but it will also not stop said PvP encounters from being a surprise.

Sure, you might argue that the losses of dying aren’t that big, but it still remains a waste of time.

Besides that,

• Not everyone is going to be brewing potions, they’re an optional feature that isn’t forced upon the player
    • Even if they wanted to, they might be lacking the materials
      (which you might respond to with “then go and get some”, but not only does the game not encourage that, but I also shouldn’t have to spend time on something just to avoid another)
    • Unless players expand materials to be aware of all possible status effects, most people would otherwise not know of the effect of love potions, why?
      Because they might not want to waste materials/spend time to do so, because they might already have a wrong assumption as to what it is
  • Why should I have to be forced to use my valuable potions because somebody just decided to attack me for a reason or another?
    Go fight with your kind

A more appealing offer means a bigger crowd, I’m pretty sure that a decrease in runners’ ability to flee is going to attract more PvP players for the aforementioned reason.
Sure, I do agree -and am aware- that not everyone is going to do so, but considering that in 1/10 of the server I join, there’s a PvP player doing rounds at Sameria, it’ll become increasingly more common and might even become a positive loop.

I should not be forced to do something that is both against my will and without my awareness, not respecting this makes player feel as if they’ve lost control (something that is detrimental to video games unless they make players aware of it and use it as an essential part of their experience, like horror games would).

Again, I’m not doing so, and I have to apologise if it came out as that.

2 Likes

arent love pots just useless? cant a love 5 potion just be blocked by somebody drinking a T1 pinecone love potion?

1 Like

Unless they pull out the milk from minecraft, they ain’t doing anything about it.

Balance team insists upon itself; balancing for the sake of balancing.

Honestly, in the Dark Sea the game felt fun, each class felt unique and didn’t need any more major changes.

You should expect top clannies to have massive ego that they feel insecure about their own pathetic self and resort to witchhunt