Seer Style | Avian Based Fighting Style Concept

Seer Style | Avian Based Fighting Style Concept https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/4/7/479a7aa2389faa7c0cccc2f17c64e746e63c02bb.jpeg
effort 0.0 0 quality 0.0 0 reasonability 0.0 0

Yes yes, I am back this time with a sort of dark sea suggestion sort of not.
I think I did pretty good with this fighting style BUT then again some others I thought were good were shit so its up to you guys

Proposed Backstory

My Proposed Backstory
In (redacted) Sea, a sailor who studied basic combat under Rill Hendrix was caught amidst a storm and dragged along with his brig into the dark sea alone. After sailing for many hours trying to find his way back to the main Sea, his brig was hanging on by a thread due to the many weather hazards.
Just when he anchored his boat near an island to accept his fate as an atlantean approached. An attempt to fight back against the monster was feeble. As the light (or lack of it in the dark sea) started to leave his eyes, a raven soared down from the skies (presumably from a high tower) and surged through the man’s chest granting him unbelievable strength. With the help of the Raven’s aura and his own strength training, he managed to make it back to the (redacted) sea with many stories to tell. Naturally, since the raven is so powerful it was mutated by the dark seas rain, so uh the trainer went a bit insane. Now, he teaches others the fighting style that he developed with the help of the raven’s aura by sharing a portion of his power with them, making each generation of students weaker until a new savior raven arrives.

TLDR; Dude almost dies in the dark sea, gets saved by a raven and inherits its power, teaches other dudes how to fight with it.

Prophesized way to obtain
Dueling the mentor

How It Works

Raven's Aura

The Raven’s aura will awaken upon several consecutive hits/damage measured in a resource bar. Taking damage reduces the amount the aura is awakened, not based on time.
State 1 - Less than 50% - Black and Purple aura and a single glowing left eye.
.875 Damage | .8 Size | .8 Speed
State 2 - More than 50% - Everything above and a mirage of raven wings behind the player’s back
.95 Damage | .7 Size | .85 Speed

Gimmicks

Right, so as we know its based off of a raven, so here we have some bird based gimmicks that aren’t OP but also aren’t trash.
Players can hover in the air by double jumping (on ground or not) at the cost of magic and it ONLY LASTS .7 SECONDS with a 40 second cooldown that allows you to quickly follow up attacks. For a brief moment while you are hovering, raven wings will appear regardless of what state the resource bar is in.
Players can also glide (fall slower and more horizontally but move slower) at the end of their dodge reflex by holding space.
And of course, your physical movement and transit time will increase the more your resource bar is filled.

So yeah that’s about it, I was gonna add insanity as a drawback on top of the size reduction but someone said that’s too much despite it going along with the whole raven concept. Anyways, if you want to add anything or want to say sum about the post please comment and vote. Also I have a hood in progress specifically for the fighting style so if you like this stay tuned!
(Here’s a sneak peak)

Edit: I should mention that you can’t move while hovering and while gliding you go slowly and it isn’t easy to turn so its predictable. I would make it so we can move and stuff but some whiny pvpheads think that movement is a sin.

Its okay little one, we all have our quirks, if you have fursona that you want to get added in the game, we wont shame you…

2 Likes

pecks you cutely UwU >w< :3

1 Like

so half of the suggestion is just fanfic and the other half is a convoluted version of gliding that makes people more annoying to hit

Because we totally need to give players more ways to airstall

I forgot to mention that the hovering part is only for 1 second

If anything it’s easier to hit because while gliding you go slow :sob:, plus it’s ez to predict

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.