Semi important lore question

Avians if my sources are correct.

State your sources. I am not saying you are wrong, but I just want to know which sources did you get the info from.

Idk I repress all memories relating to furrys, I think someone asked the same question in a group chat I’m in and someone replied they were called avians.

Hold on, if Odin and Thor are canon, why can’t we have Anubis? Smells like bias, and it ain’t me.

Anubis isn’t a Greek god dummy, they’re Egyptian.

Neither is fricking odin

I don’t think Odin is canon I think jotunheim is just themed after Norse mythology. Just because one religion in this universe is objectively true, doesn’t mean the other ones never existed.

I’m saying that too, why are you disputing it?

Ok so jotunheim is filled with vastus descendants and people NAMED after Norse gods, keyword people. The incredibly strong people there named after gods can’t have non human features, there could be a person named Anubis in the au, but they would be fully human, without an animal head (unless there’s a furry experimental curse because the Greek gods got freaky idk)

If there is snake women in greek mythology, there can be dog man named after anubis.

But there aren’t any dog people in Greek mythology though, so there’s no reason for them to exist.

I’m not saying anubis does or should exist, I’m saying it’s not that far out there.

Honestly AO could really use some more cultures
Redwake is done kinda well as we know about Sharkara and some folklore in form of Hallbjorn
For Ravenna, we know about carnevale, but nothing that much, unless the secret in mount Caesar is related to it, but I doubt (springs of mount Helicon)
Sameria has the sun temple and the tomb on mount Elbruz, but again, we don’t know anything connected to it
It’s kinda unrelated, but I’d love to see more folklore, religions and cultures in AO, Monoah village is a very good template, it’s kinda primitive, so it should have plenty of space for deities and stuff

2 Likes

Cernunno also is just a dude, and he got a religion.

I mean, Lycaon was transformed into a wolf…?

Technically yes it’s not too removed, but also Anubis is kind of the reverse of most of the animal hybrids in Greek mythology, like 90% of them have at least human heads, with animal legs or torsos and legs. Anubis has a human torso and legs, but a dog head. If you really want furries to exist in arcane odyssey just make a sea curse that lets you be partially animalistic, considering arcane odyssey is inspired by one piece a zoan curse isn’t inconceivable. Otherwise it’s just stupid that Egyptian mythology would exist in a greek mythology universe.

A comeplete wolf isn’t a furry that’s just a wolf

Whom is saying I am trying to make furries AO canon? Egyptians did not even have a word for that when they came up with their gods.

I never said canon, I’m saying it’s implausible it even could exist in the au for like fan fiction or something

Not even a little implausible.