Shadow Magic Or Light Magic?

I don’t really know that much about magic advantages besides destructive power and speed. I know that light probably has a higher speed than shadow magic but does it have anything better? want to know for my next save file.

1 Like

shadow is better, it has almost the same speed as light and very good damage

alright thanks!

1.3 to 1.8 is quite a speed difference

Light is being buffed to 1.8 Speed Affinity in TGR, and we’re not there yet, are we now? Also, light has 0.8 Damage, so you’re argument does not concern me.

i thought 1.8 was the current speed lol

its 1.7 right now in wom

30% more speed vs 15% more damage and extremely better clashes.

shadow might be dark and cool and pwoerful but itrs nfucking funny to throw a flashjlight at your enemies be honest goys

2 Likes

Shadow is better tho I myself prefer using light just for fun

As a Light main, I would obviously say Light but its up to you. Shadow does more damage and has better clash rates, but Light has insanely fast speed and blinding ability. Tbh, clashing isn’t much used later on in the game when your magic is usually higher level than other NPCs. Damage isn’t too much an issue if you have a few power amulets or culture headwear that gives power. Shadow is good too, but light looks cooler (imo)

‘‘Almost the same’’

It totally isn’t 0.5 which is a noticeable amount, you know?

It is noticeable, but on a large scale, it’s still considered fast.

Yes, that’s still fast, but Light is extremely fast then.

fast or extremely fast, idrc, theyre both fast enough

Compared to Plasma/Fire, yeah

Light is counterproductively fast as it becomes 10x easier to perfect block than any other magic since just blocking immediately after a spell guarantees a p block or miss.

would be interesting if speed affinity also scaled casting time

Would rather just keep that to the casting speed stat. Magic Speed already affects explosion startup anyway.

That’s not 100% of scenarios, but well, you’re right