Ship attachments, cannons, mortars and possibly rams should take weapon enchantment scrolls and not the same enchantments as other equipment ( accessories and so on)

Ship attachments, cannons, mortars and possibly rams should take weapon enchantment scrolls and not the same enchantments as other equipment ( accessories and so on)
effort 2.0 3 quality 2.666666666666667 3 reasonability 3.5 4

Ship attachments, cannons, mortars and possibly rams should take weapon enchantment scrolls and not the same enchantments as other equipment ( accessories and so on).

they should take tempered, ardent, dense, enhanced, enchants like that, it’s not like non-weapon classes have any use for these scrolls either right? and it just makes sense alright?

i remember i thought of this suggestion much earlier, well here it is now. it was like something forgotten in the midst of dark sea being rushed, just vote this up otherwise you’re sabotaging the game!!

yes i voted and gave my suggestion a rating, deal with it!!

While it would make sense, it would also mean wiping the enchantments from the current items. I’m gonna have to disagree with this idea: way too much to lose for gaining what is effectively a slightly more sensible detail. Nah.

If this was to happen, the ship attachments would need to be given the same downsides.

Also, intensity scrolls (more range) just die. We have functional effects for explosive, powerful, brisk and enhanced scrolls and only three weapon scrolls, so either a new scroll (reinforced 2.0 because it has minimal uses, unless we develop a new stat for weapons/a different combination, which is an inconsistency) would need to be added or enhanced is reused, which is also a bit inconsistent.

We can’t forget that all previously enchanted ship attachments would need to be forcefully unenchanted, considering they are set to have the default armour enchants and would need to be changed over. (I don’t think Vetex has a system for this, considering swift or keen was removed from all weapons when AO released in favour of merging them.)

At least it could make weapon enchants worth more and it does make sense. This could work well if we ever get T3 scrolls, considering we already have warship to provide a downside for good stats.

Also, bro rated his suggestion like it was the best one. If you are going to rate your own, at least critique your work fairly

Cool I think

the enchantments on current items could just transfer over to their weapon equivalent? powerful >>> tempered, not like anyone puts powerful on them?

hopefully he can code this in to transfer the enchants, 2nd paragraph i dont understand, intensity is one of the only scrolls that is barely used and is fine to have between armours and ship attachments as like no one uses them, explosive >>> dense, powerful >>> tempered, and brisk >>> ardent, this is probably my worst suggestion of the 3 but thing is i don’t think i even rated or upvoted any of my other ones especially the first one, it legit got no ratings! the first one was probably the most reasonable and had so much effort and quality with nothing! and listen here mages, warlocks, beserkers, juggernauts, paladins, any class that isn’t a weapon class have no use for them, any just how are we losing anything? scrolls that have no use to like more than half the playerbase ( idk how many conjurers there are i just see beserkers, mages and warlocks alot in PvP ) to scrolls that legit everyone uses! i don’t think anyone will mind thhis in the long term either! who even will put powerful on their ship attachments? like seriously? you guys are all in favour of powerful for ship attachments, just cause i didn’t type this up neatly and added images ( mind you i was getting some nospace message trying to upload anything on the 2nd suggestion ) doesn’t mean i didn’t think it through, i’m sure people won’t mind ship attachments AT LEAST just do this suggestion for ship attachments I completely understand how for cannons, mortars and rams how this may seem unreasonable, but ship attachments?! tohru gave the most reasonable ratings i would say, i don’t understand why we can even upvote or rate our own suggestions either and i hoped this would atleast be a good QoL so people didn’t use just enhanced on their ship attachments. I still think all of these excluding the ram were a good idea, we’re getting better stuff with nimbus sea why so much care about the OLD equipment? I don’t understand how that was reasonable for the long-term, this isn’t getting added anytime soon?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.