Ship Load up and Cargo hold improvements

Ship Load up and Cargo hold improvements
effort 3.333333333333333 6 quality 3.142857142857143 7 reasonability 3.777777777777778 9

Ship load-up function.
Currently, We have a system for moving items such as cargo and sealed/dark sealed chests off our ship via talking to enzinor or Kenton. I suggest an effective opposite of this function, being a load-up mechanism. You would talk to a shipwright and enter his shop, where there would be a cargo category next to the ships and items category. You would enter this category and place an order for a certain amount of cargo, (probably as much money as you have) and press buy. If you have no crew, the shipwright would just say something along the lines of ‘you don’t have a crew to move the cargo, come back when you’ve hired one.’ However if you do have a crew, the cargo will start unloading into your ship.

This leads me onto the second part of this suggestion, cargo hold improvements. I know a cargo function will be added in the nimbus sea update, which will put items on your ship into your hold when you cross seas. I suggest that, when utilizing the earlier function it will funnel the cargo directly into your hold, instead of onto the deck of your ship. As the ships become bigger and more expensive the cargo hold will become bigger. (you get more capacity for how much cargo can be put in your hold. E.g. Ketch would have enough cargo capacity to hold 10k worth of cargo, like it roughly does now, and the brig would have enough capacity to hold maybe 12-15k worth of cargo.

3 Likes

nah makes cargo too easy
if you arent loading up the cargo nor selling it yourself, whats preventing anyone from buying 200 crates whenever they happen to to go another town and make a ton of money without any effort. sure, maybe itd take a couple minutes to load, but its easy to do other things in the meantime to stay productive while getting free money

1 Like

i like this one

free money

could be balanced by making it ridiculously slow? Some balancing would be needed but doing cargo is so freaking tedious

thats called loading cargo onto your ship

It’s pretty reasonable, yeah. It’s odd for a crew to help you unload stuff but not help load it in the first place. Could be formatted better though.

I really don’t see a problem with this.
Do ya’ll love the mindless tedium of running back and forth between a shipwright and your ship over and over and over and over and over that much?

If doing cargo is supposed to have a challenge, maybe the challenge should be transporting it, not having the patience to get it on your ship in the first place.

4 Likes

How many worths of cargo can fit on a rowboat…

This is a nice idea on paper but getting that much galleons in that fast of a way can be too easily abused; especially for an automated method such as auto filling your ship, then going to some town and auto selling them for money. Getting Galleons shouldn’t be able to just be gained with so little effort. We also gotta consider the market outcomes with this kind of stuff.

1. If we have something like this then the galleon rates you suggested should be reduced from 10k to like 1.5k, and even then that’s still a lot.

Just as auto selling would reduce the galleons by some %, the same should go with auto filling ships, hence my estimated number. With this we can remove the tediousness as you said but make it so that it isn’t going to crash the value of galleons into literal dirt. We don’t want the game to play for you after all.

2 Likes

maybe if this is implemented make it sell for less

but then why can your crew unload things from your ship but not load? maybe just lower the capacity they can fit in the storage (like up to 20 or 30 or something idk what it was ), it’d help for dark sea runs and whatnot

i’d say either 1 or 2 boxes, of course that’s if the rowboat can stay afloat with that much weight on it

@Vratien I believe it’s a very nice QoL change, but as others have pointed out, the earnings would have to be reduced to maintain balance. another issue with this is the recieved exp, which i’d say would have to be reduced as well to limit the level gain from doing a few cargo runs.

it’s something i want, however in ordor to keep some balance there need to be a few changes to the suggestion, i.e. there needs to be a limit (one lower than the proposed) on how much galleons worth of cargo can go on one ship. as well as a reduced exp intake to limit the extreme level gain possibilities you’d get from this. one can rationalize such limitations as a worker’s tax, meaning that you pay your crew money for the work they do (while still letting yourself keep a bit of money). For the reduced exp recieval, this can be rationalized by the fact that; since you’re not involved in all parts of the trade, you do not experience all possible experiences (non game related definition of experience is used here), resulting in recieving less exp.

if the last part is not clear:
think of the cargo process as something that grants exp at every part of the trade
meaning: when buying cargo you get exp, traveling with the cargo gives you exp, and selling gives you exp (of course it’s only given at the end of the process). with this change, however you’d exclude yourself from 2/3 of the process resulting in less G and exp.

I say the best way to balance this idea is simply to add a new system that makes the “challenge” of cargo not the act of wanting to give up after running in circles placing boxes meticulously on your ship for 2 hours.

Probably giving the game some way to tell how much cargo you’re carrying and initiate a pirate/navy/assassin response to match it.

2 Likes

Make it so that we we will pay an extra fee for the shipwright to auto load cargo.

I don’t think that adding an ‘auto load’ function would necessitate a re-balance/nerf of the cargo mechanic. more specifically, if the only thing keeping the cargo mechanic balanced as it currently is, is the fact that it is tedious as sin to perform, just means that it is a bad system and needs a rework anyways.

3 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself

I really like the cargo hold idea, and the load cargo would be very nice to have, and yeah I agree cargo could be nerfed a little :slight_smile:

Just make it so cargo dont give exp anymore

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.