[Short Story] A Lover’s Mission [4/5]

Angelie started to wake up from her slumber. She could barely open her eyes with her eyelids feeling a bit heavy. After a few times blinking, her eyesight slowly began to become more clearer. She also noticed that she seemed to be in some sort of abandoned church made out of stone with moss growing on the walls all around.

She could see two cloaked figures standing beside her while she seemed to be strapped with an iron chain to a wooden chair. The people next to her weren’t the only ones around her, as another figure was sitting in a chair right before her. She could barely see, but she knew that the one in front of her was none other than the raven-pinned man.

“Ah, I see you’re finally awake. It’s good to have you back. Did you miss us?” The figure stood up menacingly in the chair with his legs crossed.

“W- Why did you bring me here…” Angelie asked in fear. She then started to feel spots of pain around her body and it ached pretty badly.

“Oh, if you’re wondering about the bruises, it’s actually quite challenging to transfer a whole human being without being seen. As to why we brought you here… we’ll, you’ll just have to wait and see. He should be arriving any moment now.” Angelie seemed pretty confused as to who he was talking about. Was he talking about his leader? After all, in the letter it was stated “Co-Master” so there must be someone or something above them in ranking in the guild. Could they be waiting on a client of their’s? Is she going to be sold?! Tons of questions started to pop up inside of her head and it seemed as though the possibilities were endless.

“I said, why did you bring me here?!” Angelie yelled in a fiery rage. She tried to nudge out of the chains as best she could, but it was no use.

“Oh Angelie, such a fiery soul. You don’t know anything at all do you? It’s sad that innocent people like you have to be caught in the crossfire. It also seems that we’ve met on bad terms, please… call me Raven.”

“You and your people are the ones that brought me to whatever this place is! Let me go, NOW!” Angelie had seemed to yell even louder than the time before.

“Quiet down now, the forest animals are asleep so it would be rude to awaken them.” Raven then made a shushing noise with his index finger hovering straight over his mouth.

Angelie looked at him straight through his eyes before breathing in a lot of air. “HELP, SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! HELP!”

Raven groaned loudly before reaching out his hand out of his cloak. He had then casted a small poison cloud directly towards her face, causing her to cough very violently with her eyes watering down her face.

“Fiery and Impatient, truly a perfect combination. Since you seem to be in a rush, the true reason as to why we brought you here is because we-” Loud noises of metal clanking and screams could be heard from outside the abandoned church.

The two figures next to Angelie both looked at each other, and then looked back at the doorway of the church. There stood the silhouette of a man with a long, narrow sword in his hand.

Light rain started to pour around the area, with the rain splashing down on the silhouetted man as well as droplets of water coming down from the cracked ceiling.

“Ah, I see our guest of honor has finally arrived!” Raven yelled loud and clear for everyone to hear.

“Let her go…” said the man in the doorway very solemnly. Angelie then stopped looking down as her head started to slowly raise up. Angelie then felt a sense of disbelief as the voice that had just spoken was none other than one of familiarity. With the best that she could, she moved her self with the chair and moved her neck to the left of her to see who the man was and confirmed if it was truly who she was thinking of.

“Well, well, George. I’m so glad you could make it. I was just about to tell your wife here of what a terrible husband you are.”

George then walked out from the doorway, revealing his shiny brown hair as well as his black, worn-out cape and his long metal sword with a mixture of blood and water splattered across it. George stared menacing at Raven, getting both of his hands together on his sword and raising it towards him. George didn’t say anything, but his glare showed a load of emotion.

“Let’s have some fun, like old times George.” Then, emerged from the shadows of the church, about a dozen red cloaked figures were all ready for battle, making George heavily outnumbered. This didn’t matter to George, as he stood firm with his sword gripped tightly in his two hands.

Angelie looked directly at George, becoming scared for his life. “Oh George, what did you get yourself into?”

3 Likes