[Short Story] Blood Brothers, Part 2

“Kuznetsov, do you read me?” The other sniper asked, a tone of concern noticeable in his voice.

Captain John Mac shrugged. “Probably forgot to switch it on.”

The other sniper gritted his teeth. Frustration laced his tone. “Doesn’t matter. Makarov is here. We move on with the plan.”

He continued on. “I’m in position, ready?”

Captain Mac and I nodded. We were ready, no matter how bad things get.

“Yurik, find Price in your scope.” Captain John Mac ordered. “He’s at the top of the Castello.”

I nodded. Slowly, I started moving my musket’s sight upwards.

A flash emitted from the top, catching my attention. There he was. Captain John Price. Another Captain from the Grand Navy. Many of us lower ranks admired and looked up towards him for his fierce determination to complete his mission and no-nonsense attitude. Price was also famed for training Captain John Mac when he first joined the Grand Navy.

“We got you.” Captain Mac announced.

Captain Price nodded. He attached a hook and began abseiling down from the roof.

“We’ve got some activity on the balcony.” Mac warned. Two Centurions were patrolling the balcony. They stood there, stationed and not moving.

Captain Mac sighed and raised his musket. “We’ll take them out together, Yurik. On you.”

I sighed as well. Sorry Ravenna, but duty calls.

BANG!

BANG!

The two centurions drop dead.

“Breaching.” Captain Price said, as he dropped onto the balcony.

But the centurions weren’t alone. Many legionnaires and ensigns storm out onto the balcony.

“GUN DRAW: RAPID FIRE!” Captain Price yelled as he fired a volley of pullets, eliminating the measly guards of the Castello.

We fire more shots from our muskets, trying to help the Captain in any ways.

“Got 'em.” Captain Mac signaled.

Price raised his dual flintlocks, and slowly made his way into the room. He hid behind a desk, shooting any threats behind the safety of the desk. Captain Mac sniping targets from his sniper as well.

Suddenly, a door opened. Price switched to his musket in alarm.

“What the hell? Price, who is that?” Captain Mac asked in apprehension.

“Kuznetsov.” Captain Price responded. Though, it wasn’t a joyful response.

There were gunpowder barrels all around Kuznetsov, with Kuznetsov himself being strapped to a chair firmly. It was obvious. Makarov got to him.

“I’m sorry, Price.” Kuznetsov sighed, his voice filled with hopelessness. I couldn’t see from my scope. But I could tell he was crying.

Suddenly, someone cut into our signal.

“Captain Price.” The voice said, audible malice in his voice. “Aд ждет тебя.”

It was Makarov. The fuse besides Kuznetsov was lit."

“PRICE! GET OUT OF THERE!” Captain Mac roared.

Captain Price dashed. He had to make it ou-

BOOM! A deafening blast erupted from the room, shaking the entire foundation of the Castle.

The signal was suddenly directed to us.

“Yurik, my friend.” Makarov said, his message clearly for me. “You never should have come here.”

Captain Mac looked at me. A look of suspicion and slight anger was etched on his face.

“What the hell is he talking about?!”

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We heard the sizzle of a fuse. Mac looked back, multiple gunpowder barrels were laid in the roof where we were sniping from. He then looked at me for a split second.

“Get out! Now!”

Captain John Mac suddenly pushed me out from the balcony. With him jumping out soon after.

BOOM!

1 Like