Should I make a dark sea build on my main file or alt file?

• Main
  • Alt
0 voters

If I use my main file, I’d already have a brig with deckhands. I’d also have max brewing, which means I can go to the dark sea for loot and golden cauldrons.

The downsides of using a main file are that I’m at slightly higher risk of getting hunted and I don’t have ideal mobility, such as crash/rushdown/mirrored river alongside reflex.

Main file’s build: Shadow mage
Alt file’s build: Conjurer (might go light if it affects the distance mirrored river goes)

The dark sea armor build I’m running (will use invis pots to avoid atlanteans):

(note: i’m using nimble because i’m broke but i might switch to agile, the morenci is for atlantean essence cycling which i just realized is useless if i don’t have warding 6)

1 Like

wear it so i can get a free feat out of you

i swear people are answering main just so they can hunt me lol :sob:

go in with alt because you should be able to survive range 2 right? then trade your loot back so you don’t worry bout players. or find a low server for main

on my main, i wouldn’t be able to survive with my current armor (has insanity 2)

well use no insanity

“perfectly balanced as all things should be.” - Purple grape

Use outfits gamepass and alternate between them on your main.
I have a high agility build with painite and musgravite jewels for high mobility, decent warding and decent hp for dark sea exploration and a combat set without drawback for pve and pvp, including atlanteans.

It’s really useful to have both

outfits gamepass isn’t my problem

it’s the risk of being hunted, not having ideal mobility due to build, not having max brewing, and not already having a brig

Brig is just cargo running or sealed chests, both of which use your combat set for.
For being hunted, only use dark sea set in dark sea.
For max brewing, just get common reagents from diving points like urchin spines and combine them with common shore materials. It isn’t that bad to get.
Also, wdym non-ideal mobility?

Nvm I just realised what you meant by non-ideal mobility
As I said, just only use the set in the dark sea, maybe wait until the first island before equipping.

Also, you combined the downsides of using your main or alt together, which made it confusing.
I’d still say main, but if you feel it compromises your lb safety too much,then just grind a bit on your alt for brig and brewing

I’m thinking about the fact that using an alt is better for the long run. My main concern here is the build. For leaderboard safety, I’ve never gotten attacked before while in a dark sea run nor have I ever been attacked while unloading my ship.

Just make a dark sea build for all files…which is what i am doing right now…but i am playing other games in the process.

i sorta meant which file should wear that dark sea gear

money :smiling_imp:

whats the website for that thing from second picture?

gearbuilder

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.