Should wood be able to do more damage against frozen targets?

It won’t

Wow, that’s actual ass. So if my bleed is half a second from running out and I get another hit with, let’s say Glass, nothing will happen?

Damn.

Yes nothing will happen

huh.

bruh-

Well, I still stand by the statement that Wood is going to be a very good choice once second magics drop, but that info kinda ruins the whole DPS cycle I had planned.

No longer S-tier :frcryin:

it would be cool for something to have a synergy with cold and heat

also wood isnt a heavy magic :confused:

Ok, while it would be nice for wood magic to have that synergy, I don’t think it should be added into the game.

Just look at all of the synergies it already has. It deals 30% more damage if the target is scorched, burning, or bleeding. It deals 20% more damage if the target is sandy or petrified. 15% more is the target is corroding, and 10% more if the target is charred. Wood magic is already synergy central. It really doesn’t need one more synergy.

Now, I’m aware that bleed will no longer stack making that synergy less likely to occur, and that despite it’s damage with synergy it still does less than something like gold. First off, just because a synergy is less likely to happen doesn’t mean it will. You can still get a bleed + wood synergy, even if it might not be 100% reliable. This could be said for magics like fire as well if the target stops burning right before a wood blast hits. Second, gold is being removed in AO. So using that specific magic for an argument might not be the best idea. Plus, it doesn’t need the raw damage.

I might be able to see this synergy happening. By all accounts, wood is a synergy magic. With how little ice synergizes with other things, it would be nice to have if only to give people more of a reason to use ice. Though considering how much wood synergizes already, I don’t think a synergy between wood and ice would be likely.

(Sidenote: Though, if this does end up being a synergy, it would be nice for these two to have a unique synergy. Like turning wood into Pykrete if it comes into contact with ice. Giving the wood magic some properties from wood and some from ice.)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.